Age - 30+
Location - Preston, Lancashire
Marital Status/Children - Living with fiance and cats
Date You Joined The Book Club Forum – April 2006

Favourites:
-Favourite bands/singers? Green Day, Travis, Foo Fighters, Metallica
-Favourite movies? Any classic Disney and films you can sing too
-Favourite books? The Magicians Trilogy, Eragon, My Sisters Keeper, Rebecca
-Favourite authors? Jodi Picoult, Lesley Pearse, Martina Cole, Trudi Canavan, Christopher Paolini (to name a few)

The Book Club Forum’s Rise and Future...
-Why did you join The Book Club Forum?
I was looking for some reading inspiration and like minded people to talk books with. I did a quick search and then lost a number of hours browsing the library section. Needless to say I got my inspiration and haven't been able to reduce my TBR pile since.
-How did you become a member of the Mod Squad?
I was honoured to be asked by Michelle as I was around 'a lot' during the day when others were unavailable and I accepted.
-What is the most gratifying part of being staff at The Book Club Forum? What makes you happiest about the site?
The best part is when new members appear and get a taste of the friendliness of our forum. It makes me smile when people are happy to be a part of our community and to see it grow with great success.
-What is your favourite section of the Book Club Forum and why?
I love the Reading Lists and Blogs section because I'm nosey. I love to know what people are reading/have read/want to read and their general thoughts on books. And it's all in the one place :smile:

A little more about Kat:
-We all know you love reading, but what kind of books do you most enjoy and why?
I don't have a favourite genre anymore, I have found myself enjoying books I wouldn't have looked twice at, thanks to the lovely people on here. I do enjoy my crime books still, thanks to Martina Cole. I love her gritty, criminal underworld stories and leading characters who you shouldn't love but do.
-Which book do you most often recommend to others and why?
Currently it's Eragon ~ Christopher Paolini as I think it's a fantasticly written book, even more so because he was only 15 at the time. I do recommend any Jodi Picoult, Martina Cole and Lesley Pearse though, each for their own individual style and gripping stories.
-What other interests do you have and what drew you to them?
When I'm not reading I love to do cross-stiching and occasionally knitting. I'm just waiting for the day when I have enough hands to do them both at once :smile:
-Tell us three unusual and interesting things about yourself…
1 - I've met The Incredible Hulk :biggrin:
2 - I'm a big tomboy, I love football, motorbikes, rock music and hate wearing dresses but I do have a passion for pink things.
3 - I am a bit geeky

Under favorite bands/singers i see no mention of Take That, Busted or Jason Donovan or is it that you have just forgotten those ones :readingtwo:

your mum also mentioned to me that you was a massive fan of 'the kids from fame' and apparantley used to wear the leg warmers, she didn't want to embarrass you too much by mentioning it, obviously i have no such qualms:lol:

alltogether now....fame- i'm gonna live forever etc :)

Never forget that Kat has access to the ban button! :readingtwo:

True, but she knows I'm only pulling her leg, I just couldn't resist :)

Besides if the shoe was on the other foot she'd be first in line to poke fun at me!

You forgot to mention meeting Chewbacca, R2D2 and Mr Bronson (Grange Hill fame) amongst others

I wasn't quite as startstruck with those ones, although it was cool. And I forgot to mention Chris Barry (Rimmer) who was very nice :lol:

The Hulk does take some beating though....... HULK SMASH!

Under favorite bands/singers i see no mention of Take That, Busted or Jason Donovan or is it that you have just forgotten those ones :)

I never liked Take That, I still love Busted and mourn their departure from the pop world (it still hurts) and if I remember rightly, you have my Jason Donovan LP!!!!

your mum also mentioned to me that you was a massive fan of 'the kids from fame' and apparantley used to wear the leg warmers, she didn't want to embarrass you too much by mentioning it, obviously i have no such qualms:lol:

alltogether now....fame- i'm gonna live forever etc :D

Who?? I'm not old enough to know what you're talking about :lol:

Never forget that Kat has access to the ban button! :readingtwo:

Mwoah ha ha ha ha ahem......

I never liked Take That, I still love Busted and mourn their departure from the pop world (it still hurts) and if I remember rightly, you have my Jason Donovan LP!!!!

Hhmmmm if you never liked TT then how come you now all the words to all their songs and could often be heard singing them! Yes i did have your JD album but you took it back when you left home :readingtwo:

• 2 months later...
Forum? What makes you happiest about the site?

The best part is when new members appear and get a taste of the friendliness of our forum. It makes me smile when people are happy to be a part of our community and to see it grow with great success.

Here, here, bravo and echo that -- this site is loaded with really great friendly people.

• 9 months later...
  • 14 years later...

Hi,

Thank you for letting us all into your world, your into your crime books, have you read any by James Patterson?

I’m new to the forum as of today and so far loving the forum, the admin and mods have done a fab job!

It’s lovely to read more about you and your bookish interests 😃. I look forward to chatting some more and getting to know everyone here 🤗 📚