Michelle

The Basics:
Full Name - Michelle Jean Moore
Age - 40-something
Location - Kent, UK
Marital Status/Children - Married, with 2 girls
Date You Formed The Book Club Forum – July 2005

Favourites:
- Favourite bands/singers? I like all sorts, from The Beatles to Bon Jovi! Two favourites are Anastacia and Imagine Dragons.
- Favourite movies? There are far too many to mention.. I do like thrillers and horrors however, and I'm not keen on comedies.
- Favourite books? You're kidding, right?! This changes over time, and there are far too many.
- Favourite authors? See above!

The Book Club Forum’s Rise and Future...
- Why did you form The Book Club Forum? It all started with a book thread on another forum I run. Someone said, '"how about a book forum?" and the rest, as they say, is history!
- What is the most gratifying part of being staff at The Book Club Forum? Seeing a varied group of people all getting on so well, and sharing their love of books, plus being able to contact with writers and authors.
- What makes you happiest about the site? Again, the friendly atmosphere here, plus being able to interview authors!
- What do you think is the best thing you have done for The Book Club Forum so far? Can I mention the 'ban' word?! :biggrin: Other than, I'd say pulling together a good admin and mod team, who help me run this place.
- Where do you see the Book Club Forum in a year from now? Obviously I want to see loads more members and posts, whilst keeping our friendly atmosphere. I also hope to see lots of interaction with authors. Readers + Authors seems such a perfect combination, after all! :biggrin:
- What is your favourite section of the Book Club Forum and why? At the moment, I have to say the 'Featured Author' section, because it's my new venture for '07. Interviews are nice, but I think that the interactive thread is taking it a step further, and allowing all the members to get involved if they wish.

A little more about The Boss:
- We all know you love reading, but what kind of books do you most enjoy and why? I read all kinds of books these days, ranging from horror to chick lit! Before I started this forum, I stuck mainly to horror and thrillers, so I'm glad my tastes have broadened so much. I have to say though, reading for me is a form of relaxation, plus I can only do it in tiny bursts. With that in mind, I avoid anything that feels too 'heavy'.
- Which book do you most often recommend to others and why? Obviously this changes over time, and depends on what people are looking for. I'd always recommend The Shining as a good King book and Rendezvous With Rama as a good SF introduction. Also, The Ex-Heroes books by Peter Clines.. they are such good fun!
- What other interests do you have and what drew you to them? All things geeky, I'm afraid! My eldest daughter was born with talipes (club foot), so I turned to the internet for information, and then decided to build my own site. Seven years on, and I'm now a nervous wrreck if my internet connection goes down!
- Tell us three unusual and interesting things about yourself… Sigh.. there isn't much interesting about me...
As a nurse, I've looked after Lord Callaghan, Lord Tonypandy, someone who the Chinese Mafia were after, and an IRA suspect (both of the latter had heavily armed guards!).
I am incredibly shy.
My dad's sister (I rarely see that side of the family) used to live with her husband and his mistress!

Edited by Michelle
Some parts updated

• 2 months later...
- We all know you love reading, but what kind of books do you most enjoy and why? I read all kinds of books these days, ranging from horror to chick lit! Before I started this forum, I stuck mainly to horror and thrillers, so I'm glad my tastes have broadened so much. I have to say though, reading for me is a form of relaxation, plus I can only do it in tiny bursts. With that in mind, I avoid anything that feels too 'heavy'.
Well done, I feel safely administered.

Ditto on the broadening - it is the true strength of this forum; the respect for all books and genres and the passions each individual brings to the fore. Never would I have imagined reading books recommended in this forum - yet, have thoroughly enjoyed. All in Good Taste, dontcha know.

Random questions, muggle, or for a reason?

The short answer to both questions is no. The slighter longer answer to the gardening one is that we only have a small garden, with the patio and lawn being the most important part for the girls. My hubby does a little out there, to keep it nice, but neither of us have a big interest.

PS Did you recieve my last PM, as I'm waiting for your reply.

Not random and it is for a reason.

I love reading John Steinbeck and so far all of his books have been a joy for me to read. When I find something that makes me happy I want to share the enjoyment with friends. Gardening I enjoy but realize that it isn't for everyone. Was hoping that you may have an interest as it is fun watching things grow that you plant, somewhat like a small miracle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 years later...

Hi,

Thank you for letting us all into your world, you sound like someone who I’d happily have a coffee with and discuss a good book 📖 

I’m new to the forum as of today and so far loving the forum, the admin and mods have done a fab job!

It’s lovely to read more about you and your bookish interests 😃. I look forward to chatting some more and getting to know everyone here 🤗 📚