William H.S. McIntyre - Robbie Munro series

Being from the US, I'm admittedly not familiar with a lot of UK authors. Last month, while browsing some of the Amazon discussion boards, I came across a Scots author, William H.S. McIntyre, and two of his books, RELATIVELY GUILTY and DUTY MAN, in his "Robbie Munro - best defence" series.

Mr. McIntyre is a partner in what's said to be Scotland's oldest law firm, and he writes about defence lawyer Robbie Munro. He writes with humour and wit, and is quite enjoyable. Surprisingly, he does not appear to be "traditionally" published, and his two books are available only in e-format. I decided to give him a try, and am glad I did.

Is anyone else here familiar with him?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

By the way, I see on Amazon that McIntyre's RELATIVELY GUILTY, is being offered for free--no doubt to introduce new people to his Robbie Munro series. (I checked with Michelle before posting this, and she said that bringing this to everyone's attention doesn't run counter to the Promotional/Advertising policy...)