All About Kell

Kell

I like some cheeses, Wrath. A good strong Cheddar, or some creamy Lancashire or Cheshire, I also enjoy a bit of feta. I do not like Gouda or Edam at all though, and blue cheeses or stinky, runny ones are right out!

Just popped into add my two pennies worth.

A) Aberdeen is a great place. Beautiful! One of the loveliest cities I have ever been in. As most of the architechture is Granite or sandstone, it's stunning. I can never get over the variety of designs for the granite work, even amongst all the surburban housing. Just wonderful. The bigger houses go the full hog and often resemble gothic palaces. Very fairytale. As kell says, there are lots of wide open spaces and the country , wherever you are in the city is only ever a couple of minutes away. And what country! Stunning! Beautiful, through flatter meadows and agricultural land in the east, along the coastal plains, but get to Huntly and it all changes, hills and mini mountains. On sunny days and snowy days, nothing can compare. And going through some of the woodland routes in Deeside after a fresh snowfall...well, I had never seen anything so beautiful. Real fairytale stuff.

I have found my home, having like Kell, lived in other places, (Home Counties and Geordieland). I would not want to be anywhere else! Aberdeen is fantastic. (I believe the night life is pretty cool too;)).

:roll: Kell is a great person...just to reiterate what Inver said (and she is very nice too!). Kell has been a friend to treasure from the first day I met her, and I am very fond of her.

(you are allowed to blush Kell).

Pp

• 2 months later...
OK, I have just one question: Why do you call Dale "Mount TBR"???:smile2:
:lol:I don't - I call him hubby or Dale. I call my mountainous pile of unread books Mount TBR (To-Be-Read). But I'm guessing you knew that. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael - I work just up the road from the Hyperbaric Centre, at Woodhill House!

We've actually been getting some beautiful weather over the last week or so (there's been a bit of rain and dullness in some of the mornings, but the days have brightened up in the afternoons, and today was gorgeous!). We do get a fair bit of cold and rain here, but we do also get a fair bit of sunshine - even when it's cold! According to some sources, Aberdeen gets more hours of sunshine per annum than anywhere else in the country! I'm not sure if I'd go as far as that, but we do get a lot of days where the sunshine sparkles on the granite and it's beautiful - even Torry can look gorgeous when a sunset hits it.

If you're ever going to be in Aberdeen again, gimme a shout - I'm always up for meeting members for coffee. :lol:

• 3 months later...

"Your Ladyship" will do fine,thank you, Rod! ;)

Actually, this Xmas I got a National Heritage mug with "Her Ladyship" and a gold crown on it. I use it all the time!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Kell, congratulations on your recent arrival! He still must be so tiny. I was delighted to read his name, because my oldest sister is your age AND she just had her second child Xander last August. You never fail to add some wit to a discussion and, more often, well-thought-out opinions and reflections.:) I hope you still have time to read!

Thank you, CoG! He still looks small, but he's getting very heavy now - I'm taking him to get weighed tomorrow and I fully expect him to top 12lbs! There are some phptos in my profile of Xander - he's gorgeous, if I say so myself!

• 5 years later...