• 4 months later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss this post ages ago.

I have been doing Bookcrossing for ages....have a browse on my bookshelf

http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf

I have left books all over the place and had a few picked up. We have a couple of official OBCZ 'official bookcrossing zone' bookshelf at the Belmont Cinema cafe/bar, where people can drop of and pick up books.

I've released quite a few but haven't heard any more about them. I put them in a charity bag as I had to know that they would be safe!

I think I might do that with my next lot. I 'released' one in a dovecote in a garden centre (indoors) as I thought that might be safe, but that was the last I heard of it. :sleeping-smiley-009

• 3 weeks later...
I 'liberated' 7 books today in the Oxfam bookshop in Chippenham, Wilts. I hope someone finds them!

Someone found and bought one! One Child by Torey Hayden! I bought this when I did Pyschology AS level a few years ago because it deals with 'attachment theory'.

I'm so pleased! Thanks to Judy for the charity shop idea! :(

Someone found and bought one! One Child by Torey Hayden! I bought this when I did Pyschology AS level a few years ago because it deals with 'attachment theory'.

I'm so pleased! Thanks to Judy for the charity shop idea! :(

Thank you - wish it had worked for me:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I caught my first one in a charity shop last week. I've been aware of bookcrossing for a while and keep meaning to do it but am not sure where I would leave one. I keep imagining that I will put it down somewhere and then someone will come running after me and say "you've left this" and I'll get all embarrased.:(

Anyway I saw the bookcrossing sticker on the spine of the book and got all excited and bought it straight away. The book really wasn't my sort of thing at all!! Anyway I've put it on my swap list on ReadItSwapIt. Last journal entry for it was 2004!!

:blush:It was called "Lust"! Bout a guy who can imagine anyone he likes and they'll appear and start stripping off and ... well you can imagine the rest. It's kind of a high brow comedy erotica sort of book and I didn't read the blurb on the back although I should have guessed by the cover picture of a courgette and two tomatoes strategically placed!!!!

:blush:It was called "Lust"! Bout a guy who can imagine anyone he likes and they'll appear and start stripping off and ... well you can imagine the rest. It's kind of a high brow comedy erotica sort of book and I didn't read the blurb on the back although I should have guessed by the cover picture of a courgette and two tomatoes strategically placed!!!!

:hyper: Maybe that's why it hasn't been caught for ages. You can always say in your release notes that it wasn't your kind of book when you pass it on!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't think I could let a book go. ;)

I've bought and given away three books as presents recently and I could only bring myself to do so as I already have my own copies!

Hello a.book.in.the.life

I joined Book Crossing last year and have only just put all my books on. My name on there is HeathesLaw I would love it if anyone would like to be my friend.

Heather

No wonder you can't find me I can't spell my own name ;) it should be 'HeathersLaw' I missed out the 'r':lol:

Hello prospero

I can give away books as I need to leave room for more there are some that I will not part with like Harry Potter, Le Child's Reacher and books that my son gave me in a present. I like to pas boks on so other people can read them and get enjoyment and save money too.

I joined Book Crossing last year and have only just put all my books on. My name on there is HeathersLaw I would love it if anyone would like to be my friend.

Heather

I've added you (although I haven't released any books for ages - must rectify that) and changed your post above so your name is correct. ;)

I'm Bagpuss1966 on there. :D

• 2 weeks later...