Bookcrossing

Janet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had a message back from a book today. I released it over a year ago and this is the first note I got back from it. I released it on a bus here in Birmingham and it has turned up in Norfolk.

Well I've just joined this, under the name amethyst23, and I have to say, I'm slightly confused, I don't really get it haha!! I didn't think I was that simple but clearly I am!

What don't you get about it?

Well I had a message back from a book today. I released it over a year ago and this is the first note I got back from it. I released it on a bus here in Birmingham and it has turned up in Norfolk.

Good stuff Lucy. I love when you get news of a book you released ages ago. I had one end up in India once totally out of the blue :)

Edited by Inver

Well I don't quite understand how you get books that haven't been released into the wild? If you can? Sorry, I know I'm being really stupid here!

Well in the forum section there are bookrings and things. That's the only way really

• 9 months later...

I'm not finding the BookCrossing site as user friendly as it was before it underwent the latest update. I released a book into the wold today, but the place I left it wasn't on the list and I couldn't find how to add it. Before the change, I had no bother adding a place if I needed to.

Incidentally, I left Whatever Happened To Baby Jane at the Buckie Farm Carvery restaurant in Aberdeen this lunchtime. Hope it gets picked up by someone! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not finding the BookCrossing site as user friendly as it was before it underwent the latest update. I released a book into the wold today, but the place I left it wasn't on the list and I couldn't find how to add it. Before the change, I had no bother adding a place if I needed to.

Incidentally, I left Whatever Happened To Baby Jane at the Buckie Farm Carvery restaurant in Aberdeen this lunchtime. Hope it gets picked up by someone! :lol:

I know what you mean Kell....there were so many glitches with it with the changeover I was getting a bit fed up with not being able to use it like I used to. I still haven't updated stuff on it like I did either. The profile things were saving properly etc. I still visit it though. I haven't been to a meetup here for a while to see how the others are getting on with it.

I did controlled releases the other week onece I found how to do it. Today I registered some book that I had forgot about and three new ones I got last week. I quite like the new site but it had been updated for a wee while before I found out about it so may the cliches have been sorted lets hope soo.

• 7 months later...

Just looking up older posts and have noticed this one. I have never heard of bookcrossing before! I have had a quick look at the site but don't really get what you are supposed to do - is there a specific place where you are supposed to leave the books at these locations?

Edited by Habeebi

Although I joined BookCrossing last year in June when I caught a book (first time I had heard of the website) it has only been the past couple of weeks that I have registered 5 books for controlled release. The website seems much better now than last year when I joined. Hoping the books registered will be updated as they are all swaps.

• 4 years later...

Wow - this thread hasn't been posted in for a long time!

I found a Bookcrossing book in a charity shop today... so I bought it! biggrin.png   It was only 60p and I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a BC one as I already have a free version of it on my Kindle, but I know that when I've released books and they haven't been 'caught' (I think only one of mine ever has) it's a bit disappointing, so that's why I purchased it.

The charity shop wasn't the last release place, so I guess whoever caught it before didn't release it again and it just found its way there.

I love the idea of Bookcrossing, but I also don't like the idea of the books never being found.  I 'released' two in Bath a few years ago and later that same day I saw the plastic bag I'd put one of them in (which was labelled by me as "FREE Book - please read the note inside", which is how I knew it was mine) in a gutter (blooming litter louts  angry.png  ) but I never found out who took the book.

I have left many books out for others but have only had two people who have logged on and said they had found the book. The first person said they were taking it to South Africa and would release it there which they did, bless em.

A good idea and i will still leave books around as i feel it's a great way to pass books on and its fun waiting to see if anyone logs on and gives feedback etc.