Looking for entertaining TV series to watch

Lumo

I've recently finished watching the sitcom series Frasier. In general I enjoyed it, I thought many of the episodes were good with only a small proportion being poor. I also liked the 20 minute length of the episodes, great for watching after tea as a break but not taking up loads of time. I'm now trying to find another series to replace this one but am having difficulty. I started watching King of Queens but cannot get into it, some episodes are OK but much of the time I find it a drag rather than entertainment.

Can anyone recommend a sitcom / series that is good to watch?

I love 'The Big Bang Theory'. It is always entertaining with witty scripts and great acting. UK wise it can be found on E4 and Channel 4.

I have also enjoyed 'Malcolm in the Middle', but not sure what channel that's being shown at the moment. :)

I love 'The Big Bang Theory'. It is always entertaining with witty scripts and great acting. UK wise it can be found on E4 and Channel 4.

I have also enjoyed 'Malcolm in the Middle', but not sure what channel that's being shown at the moment. :)

Its being repeated on 5* around 7.30pm at the moment makes me laugh every time

Duncan, if you enjoyed Frasier, you might like the older series called Cheers. The Frasier character was originally on that show for a couple of seasons then they gave him is own spinoff show.

Including the other great suggestions from you guys, I would also highly recommend Seinfeld :D. It's my fave, hands down. Beware though, the very first season is not the best. All the others are hilarious though.

I was so against watching the big bang theory but gave in and loved it. Love everybody loves Raymond, King of Queens, 2 and a half men. Lie to me, House, all of the CSIs to name but a few

Gonna go do a call-back to the 90s and recommend Fresh Prince of Bel Air--love that show and it always makes me laugh. A more recent show I enjoyed immensely was Firefly. Very clever dialogue and interesting scenario, though it is definitely not a sit com and more of a sci-fi drama. If you're feeling adventurous you might check it out, who knows? Perhaps you'd like it. :)

I would highly recommend Scrubs. It's very funny, but tempered with some lovely serious moments as well. There is nary a dud episode to be found. It's consistently brilliant all the way through (although season 9, after some of the major characters left, was a bit of a letdown).

I was also a massive fan of That 70s Show.

If you would something that focuses more on drama than the comedy (but is still very funny), then I'd recommend my favourite ever show, Gilmore Girls. It might sound like a 'chick' show, but I know several men who really enjoy watching it (including at least one on this forum). It's the most intelligently written show I've ever seen and the acting is brilliant. The characters are all really quirky and interesting and...well, just go watch it! :D

I also loved friends, but I think the greatest sitcom series of all time was The Honeymooners. You can still get these shows on a dvd, and there was never one episode that was not really funny.

I'll catch them on a re-run . . .

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up to the end of season 3 of The Big Bang Theory and loving it. Watched the flashback episode last night when Leonard first met Sheldon and had to sign roommate agreement :lol:

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...