Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

It was a brilliant episode!

Not keen on the Grey Worm storyline they got going on though...

It was an excellent episode, but now I'm on edge!

Was the current Grey Worm storyline not in the books, Timstar?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently read the books (I haven't yet seen seasons three and four) and have to agree with Tim. That said, I tried to look it up on Wikipedia but it didn't mention much about Grey Worm in the recent episodes. I guess I'll have to see it for myself :shrug:. I plan to do so not too long from now, I'm eager to see more of the TV series :).

Grey Worm and Missandei certainly weren't POV characters so we would never have seen them alone.

There's been a lot of that sort of thing, to be fair - I don't have a problem with it, the POVs would be very limiting in a tv show.

I know a lot of people won't agree but, for me, last night's episode was the best of the series since 'Baelor' in season 1.  At first I was thinking "Oh gawd, they're not going to spend too much time at The Wall after last week's ending, are they?" but I'm glad they did.  So great to have an episode that focused on one storyline and one storyline only.  And, at last, no skipping the battle scenes :D

Decent final episode but

I'm really disappointed that they didn't end with the big reveal of Lady Stoneheart, as per the way A Storm of Swords ends - it's one of my favourite last pages in a book and they could've done it so easily  :(

Also, Brienne vs The Hound - I can sort of understand why they added it, but Brienne's inability to climb up to a high place and spot Arya was hilarious :doh:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Decent final episode but

I'm really disappointed that they didn't end with the big reveal of Lady Stoneheart, as per the way A Storm of Swords ends - it's one of my favourite last pages in a book and they could've done it so easily  :(

Yeah I was thinking that... there's a bit of information here about it but nothing good.

Great ending to the season. I will be sad to see Tywin go, Charles Dance really helped the character come to life. 

I was also a bit disappointed that there was no introduction to Lady Stoneheart - that would have been a nice cliffhanger to end the season with.

Overall I feel this season has been really good. It is one of my favourite TV shows, and one of the few adaptations where I feel they have been true to the books while still throwing in some creative freedom.

• 2 months later...

I've seen six episodes of season three so far, and so far am quite enjoying it. Some scenes are quite well done, the actors play it quite well. I look forward to see the rest of the season (hopefully in the near future) and then later on season four. I have to say, so far in season three there appears to be less unneccesary violence and nudity, I mean there is some but a lot of it was in the books too. What I mean is, I'm glad they didn't add too much more to it (hence the 'unneccesary'). I thought the

scene where Daenerys buys the slaves then kills the slave master was pretty epic.

Though I do admit I don't look at some of the violent bits, I turn away for those. Such as:

when they show Jaime's hand being cut off or his stump or when Theon is being tortured.

Our Blu-ray version also comes with some special features, I'll be watching some of those after I finish seeing the season. It might be interesting to learn how they did certain things etc. I don't normally watch commentary special features but I do like for example outtakes, deleted scenes or extended scenes and behind the scenes videos. I ordered my discs off Amazon and they gave me an extra disc with special features too (that I presume are not on the disc in the actual boxset), not sure which ones are on there but I should find out in time.

We finished watching season 3! Some of the things that happened in book 3 though weren't in the season so I'm eager to see season 4 soon. It's interesting to see some of the little differences between the books and the TV series. Some scenes in the last few episodes were pretty good.

(spoilers for season 3 of GoT)

I thought the scene where Robb dies was nicely done though it looked quite violent so I had to look away a few times.

I thought most of the actors did pretty good jobs with their acting.

I cannot wait to see:

(spoilers for the books 1-5 of the series, and I think these events I talk about happen in season 4?)

Joffrey poisoned and Tywin dying.

Overall then I look forward to see season 4 of the TV series and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the last two books in the series (but it might be another few many years before they're both out and released in paperback.

I think season 5 will be broadcast in spring or summer 2015?

• 3 months later...

I've been off from work for Christmas break and have binged watched Game of Thrones this week at night when my little girl is asleep, like my very life depends on it.  I started with season one episode one and am now on season four episode nine (one and a half episodes to go).  I had watched parts of episodes with the hubby before, but never straight through.  I have become obsessed! How can I possibly wait until spring for season five?!  :exc:

I read all the books, but for some reason I got bored and tired of the show about halfway through the third season. Did anyone else have this issue? I know that the end of season 3 has some great stuff in it, but I just couldn't keep going. 

Maybe it was because I already know what happens. I don't know. I'm kind of disappointed...  :blush2:

I haven't seen season four yet, though I have pre-ordered it and will be watching it when I have it.

I didn't get bored, though of course some of the suspense is taken out if one has read the books. I quite enjoyed seeing scenes from the book 'come to life'. Though I sometimes wish it'd hurry up a little :giggle2: (and at other times wish they'd show more of certain things), because so many awesome things happen. But I guess if they hurry too much, they'll run out of material too long before George R. R. Martin has written the next book.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. Looks like they are going to combine parts of A Feast of Crows and Dance with Dragons so all the characters are included, which I kind of expected them to do. 

I'm trying to get back into this show and get caught up before the new season comes out. 

• 1 month later...

I've seen the first two episodes of season four now. I liked the second episode more than the first, more stuff happened. According to the Dutch HBO website, season five will start airing April 13th. I don't know about other countries.