Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kell, I completely agree. I feel as though the finale was anticlimactic an should have ended with the red wedding or further special "events" that would have closed out this season leaving us breathless wanting more

^ Err, isn't that rather spoilerish for people who haven't read the books?  

Oh :( I haven't read the books! Yes probably should spoiler tag that bit then!

How many episodes have we had where NOBODY has died / been under suspicion / been imprisoned? LOL! Whether or not you've read the books, you can expect pretty much all of that in pretty much every episode. And everyone already knows Joffrey is getting married to Marjorie as they've been planning the wedding all season.

I have but my memory is so bad I've forgotten half of the story already! :)

I've checked and new the new season isn't due till 2014 so I will definitely have to dust the books off and get my fix that way.

Oh, my mistake! I was thinking you were sobbing because you wanted to know what happens next (a comment I've heard quite a bit from friends who have enjoyed  the series so far). Dusting off sounds like a plan though - with the wait we have between series' for Game of Thrones I'm very thankful there's the books to quench our Westeros thirst.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is everyone watching the new season? I loved the second episode!!

Ive been waiting for Jofferys death for a long time. I also think they did a good job of showing Theons downfall, it even managed to evoke some pity out of me.

I'm glad they adapted the books into a TV series instead of a movie. I feel like everything has been perfect so far because they've been able to put in the details that wouldn't have been possible in a two hour film.

I've watched five episodes of season 3 and I hate to say it, but they've been really good.

I've watched them all now and enjoyed them.

Edited by dex

I believe that I am enjoying the TV series maybe more than I did the books, especially book 4 and 5. We are in luck as there will be 7 seasons of TV. That is, if George R.R. Martin can speed up his writing of book 6 and 7 (the final). They are afraid that the TV series will catch up to the books although book 6 is supposedly progressing nicely.

What do you think they'll do if the show catches up to the book? Will the show go its own way? Would it possibly go on hiatus until the last book is written (although from what I've heard, there is a very long wait between books)?

He's met with the producers and gone through the main plot points to the end, so the show will carry on regardless of what happens with the books (although there's also been talk of it moving to the big screen, so who knows? :shrug: ).

He's met with the producers and gone through the main plot points to the end, so the show will carry on regardless of what happens with the books (although there's also been talk of it moving to the big screen, so who knows? :shrug: ).

If that were to happen I think I'd stop watching the TV series until the books had been released. In an odd way I'd feel like I was cheating on the books by watching the plot unfold before having read the storyline.

Attached is the interview that was written up by Vanity Fair......interesting reading. One of the problems in the TV series is that Maisie Williams (who plays Arya) is getting older in real life yet Arya stays 11 years old.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/game-of-thrones-show-creators-know-end-of-books

Edited by muggle not

Are you 3 episodes in?

Who is "YOU"? :)

This is the TV schedule in the U.S. for the Game of Thrones TV Series.

04x01 Two Swords Apr. 06, 2014 9:00PM 

04x02 The Lion and the Rose Apr. 13, 2014 9:00PM 

04x03 Breaker of Chains Apr. 20, 2014 9:00PM

04x04 Oathkeeper Apr. 27, 2014 9:00PM  

04x05 First of His Name May. 04, 2014 9:00PM  

04x06 The Laws of Gods and Men May. 11, 2014 9:00PM  

04x07 Mockingbird May. 18, 2014 9:00PM  

04x08 The Mountain and the Viper Jun. 01, 2014 9:00PM  

04x09 The Watchers on the Wall Jun. 08, 2014 9:00PM  

04x10 The Children Jun. 15, 2014 9:00PM

Edited by muggle not

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd give this thread a wee bump since I've now become an obsessed fan of the TV series.  I hope one day to read the books but for now condsider me a very late bloomer :blush2: .  I don't understand what took me so long to watch it! 

I watched the first season a couple of months ago and then 2 weeks ago I binge-watched seasons 2 and 3 and got caught up on season 4.  All in one weekend! :lol:

The show only has 3 episodes left here in the US before season 4 is over, so I have a feeling I'll be investing in the DVDs so I can watch them again during their hiatus before season 5.

Man 'The Mountain and the Viper' was so good. Even though I knew what was coming, I thought it was superb television (as usual)...

Man 'The Mountain and the Viper' was so good. Even though I knew what was coming, I thought it was superb television (as usual)...

It was a brilliant episode!

Not keen on the Grey Worm storyline they got going on though...