Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28.6.2016 at 5:36 PM, Madeleine said:

I'm just wondering what Varys's agenda is - won't say any more for fear of spoilers :o

This was what I was asking myself all the time, too! And I could never figure out Baelish, either. 

I started watching the series in February/March and finished the latest season this month. I loved it!!!! I was surprised how much I did love it :D

I'm just curious, who are your favorites? I was reading this thread and I don't think many of you mentioned your favorites. Or then I was too quick to read more and skipped some stuff!

The only thing I want to say about the whole thing so far is that

Spoiler

the Hound is one of my absolute favorites and when Arya left him to die, I was crushed! But as I didn't see him actually dying, I kept asking my BF (who has watched the show before and who was watching it with me now) when the Hound was going to come back. BF kept saying he was dead!! I insisted that they'd not shown him die or anything and so he wasn't dead. BF told me to quit being silly and accept the fact that he was dead. But I never, ever gave up! I was so psyched when he turned up!!!!! :lol::wub: 

My favorites are, in no particular order (and no matter if they are still alive or dead!): the Hound, Theon, Sam and Ginny, Ser Jorah,  Brienne  (and Jaime and Sansa, but they are not my -top- favorites). 

Glad you've finally caught up Frankie!  My favourites are Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Jorah and Bronn (all alpha males!). 

Spoiler

I must admit that I always thought that the Hound wasn't dead (thought that when I read about his "death" in the book as wel) and I was right about Coldhands' identity too

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Glad you've finally caught up Frankie!  My favourites are Jaime, Tyrion, Brienne, Jorah and Bronn (all alpha males!). 

Apart from Brienne, who's an alpha female :lol: She's great! I used to like Bronn, too, but I kind of grew tired of him. :unsure: 

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I must admit that I always thought that the Hound wasn't dead (thought that when I read about his "death" in the book as wel) and I was right about Coldhands' identity too

I did not know about Coldhand! That was too tricky for me :D  

I kind of want to start watching it again, right from the start! :D But I should try and restrain myself... 

I recently watched the 3rd episode of the 1st series, and it was surprising how much of what's to come was hinted at, especially one major plot development which only really started at the end of series 6, but way back then the clues were there..... with the benefit of hindsight I saw it straightaway!

I was also told that a lot of future happening are hinted at in earlier seasons. It was kind of frustrating to hear that when I was watching the show because I kept trying to outsmart the show and of course that didn't happen. I need to just re-watch the whole thing like everyone else :D

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anybody see last night's episode? I must admit I was slightly disappointed, mainly because it was hard to sometimes see what was going on as it was nearly all in the dark - I have to admit that my heart sank when I read the battle would be at night, and I thought oh great that means it'll be too flippin' dark!:(  It was spectacular though.

12 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Did anybody see last night's episode? I must admit I was slightly disappointed, mainly because it was hard to sometimes see what was going on as it was nearly all in the dark - I have to admit that my heart sank when I read the battle would be at night, and I thought oh great that means it'll be too flippin' dark!:(  It was spectacular though.

I had exactly the same problem Madeleine. It was so dark and blurry I couldn't work out what was going on half the time! But speaking to techie son, he said it depends on what type of TV you have. It's something to do with black levels and plasma tv's don't have the level of precision that OLED's (???) have. At least I managed to grasp the main big event!! :lol:

Yes the flat dark screens are apparently pretty much like a mirror so have a lot of reflection.  I did switch off our table lamps but short of sitting in the dark there wasn't much else I could have done! 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:50 AM, Madeleine said:

On 4/30/2019 at 5:09 AM, poppy said:

I had exactly the same problem Madeleine. It was so dark and blurry I couldn't work out what was going on half the time! But speaking to techie son, he said it depends on what type of TV you have. It's something to do with black levels and plasma tv's don't have the level of precision that OLED's (???) have. At least I managed to grasp the main big event!! :lol:

Ok, forget the darkness. What did you think of Arya. Wasn't she awesome.

I tend to forget that you all see GOT a day later than us. 

9 hours ago, muggle not said:

Ok, forget the darkness. What did you think of Arya. Wasn't she awesome.

I tend to forget that you all see GOT a day later than us. 

She was fantastic! So happy she got to take out the Night King and then to watch the collapse and destruction of all the White Walkers and undead was just WOW!! 

Now let's get back to who's going to sit on the iron throne??? 😰

We actually see it at the same time as you, I think, we're just a day ahead so while you see it Sunday, it's already our Monday 😊

Yes Arya was great!  I did suspect  that

Spoiler

Jorah Mormont would get killed, but at least he got a send off, likewise Theon Greyjoy, and at least Bran said thank you!:) 

4 hours ago, poppy said:

She was fantastic! So happy she got to take out the Night King and then to watch the collapse and destruction of all the White Walkers and undead was just WOW!! 

Now let's get back to who's going to sit on the iron throne??? 😰

We actually see it at the same time as you, I think, we're just a day ahead so while you see it Sunday, it's already our Monday 😊

My guess as to who will ultimately sit on the Throne is Sansa with an assist from Arya. I have my own theories on the remaining 3 episodes. :)

Whoever gets the Throne, it can't be Cersei - she has to go:o!  I have to say I don't particularly like either Sansa or Dany I (find them both rather wooden and emotionless, especially Sansa) but who knows? 

Only seen about half of it so far, but will have to play back to this scene to check!  I was really pleased that 

Spoiler

Jaime and Brienne have finally got together!

I'm over Daenerys :roll: and I agree Madeleine, they better kill off Cersei or there'll be trouble!! :angry:

lol I saw that about the Starbucks cup too, Muggle.  HBO said the latte was a mistake, Daenerys had ordered a herbal tea. :lol:

3 hours ago, muggle not said:

I made my choice (Sansa) as to who I thought would be the eventual ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Still waiting for your choice. Not fair if you wait until the end. :)

I've really got no idea who will sit on the Iron Throne. The thing with Sansa is that she has no legal claim. John would be an awesome ruler, but he doesn't want it. Daenery's is too obvious. :dunno:

I've got no idea either, but

Spoiler

if you've read Book 5 there is someone else with a claim to the throne, who hasn't been in the series yet, and I've heard rumours about Gilly's baby..... just saying!