Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

I had similar feelings myself last season but it has definitely picked up again. I suggest you give it one more chance. I find that marathoning the episodes makes them feel much more cohesive because there are so many moving parts with so many characters that they can't fully develop many story lines in one episode. Plus, you have made it this far so you can't turn back down. :)

Well, I've already been back on the bandwagon since the start of the new season.  I couldn't stay mad too long.  I was just truly frustrated when I wrote that last year. And my suspicions of what I thought would happen were correct.

I think this is definitely one of the best seasons yet.  I did not like season 5 at all, but season 6 is pretty great.  I don't know if you've watched last night's episode or not, but I think it's the best GoT episode they've ever done.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I wasn't that impressed by Series 5 either, but then I found the books pretty tedious, book 5 (both parts) is my least favourite part of the series.  However Series 6 has been, overall, pretty good so far and not knowing what's going to happen adds an extra frisson!  So far I've been proven correct about (Coldhands' identity & The Hound still being alive ) ) (sorry tried to get the how to do spoilers link to work but it seems to have disappeared)

Edited by Madeleine

Last week's episode was truly spectacular,  I thought the dragons were really well done, and the Battle of the Bar Stewards was also epic. 

What did everyone think of this week's?  A few surprises but I felt it dragged a bit at times.

I enjoyed the final two episodes, but the events now have eliminated all possible nuance in the story, because most surviving characters are straightforward in their actions and there's little deviation to what we could expect next season. I think the plot would be more interesting if they returned to the uncertainty and diversity of the first season(s) instead of writing the events people want to watch in order to get better ratings. They could also be more patient with the story, now there's no proper development and as a consequence we don't have the opportunity to appreciate the new characters and settings.

Edited by woolf woolf

I thought the last two episodes were the most epic and brilliant episodes of GoT to date.  I love that I actually had some events to cheer for instead of horrible things raining down on beloved characters all of the time.  I much prefer this pace of story and story line as opposed to the other seasons that became really slow with big events thrown in at the end that seemed mostly for shock value. especially season 5.  I can't wait to see what happens in season 7.  I don't see there being many seasons left in the story.  I think it could easily play out in another two seasons max, and I think I'd be totally fine with that. 

I'm really interested to know what Little Finger does next season.  He did not look too happy when Jon Snow's allies declared him King of the North, especially since he admitted to Sansa that he wants to sit on the iron throne.

Loved the last two episodes too. Haven't read the books, don't think I could read them. Wonder how long we will have to wait for the next series.

Yes I think this series was one of  the best, certainly a big improvement on series 5, which I thought was the weakest.  And yes, lots of cheering moments in the last 2 episodes.

I think there will only be one more series, but it will be split into two (an annoying habit lately, along with splitting final instalments of film franchises into 2 parts), one 7 episodes long, the other 6, but that remains to be seen.

The books are great apart from the 5th one, which I thought dragged and had far too much telling and not enough showing.

A girl finally got her finger out and got back to what she does best - vengeance (and a spot of baking)!

And her big sister finally grew balls and showed herself to be not only a shrewd strategist, but equal to her little sister when it comes to revenge!
And their younger brother proved that not zigzagging when being shot at with arrows is a bad idea. (Seriously, what I the only one yelling, "Serpentine, you idiot! Serpentine!" at the telly?)

And one queen rid herself of all her rivals in one spectacular swoop, gained everything she ever wanted, but then lost the only person who mattered to her (who expected that leap? I was so surprised!).

And another queen flirted with an Iron-born princess (was I the only one seeing the sparks flying between those two?), and finally started crossing the sea to her destiny.

And a man who knew nothing finally started knowing a few things. And even though he still doesn't know his own heritage, the viewers got a hint of it (and a million fans screamed "R+L really DOES = J!" at their TV screens).

Winter is no longer coming - it's here - and I can hardly wait for what's coming next!

A girl finally got her finger out and got back to what she does best - vengeance (and a spot of baking)!

And her big sister finally grew balls and showed herself to be not only a shrewd strategist, but equal to her little sister when it comes to revenge!

And their younger brother proved that not zigzagging when being shot at with arrows is a bad idea. (Seriously, what I the only one yelling, "Serpentine, you idiot! Serpentine!" at the telly?)

And one queen rid herself of all her rivals in one spectacular swoop, gained everything she ever wanted, but then lost the only person who mattered to her (who expected that leap? I was so surprised!).

And another queen flirted with an Iron-born princess (was I the only one seeing the sparks flying between those two?), and finally started crossing the sea to her destiny.

And a man who knew nothing finally started knowing a few things. And even though he still doesn't know his own heritage, the viewers got a hint of it (and a million fans screamed "R+L really DOES = J!" at their TV screens).

Winter is no longer coming - it's here - and I can hardly wait for what's coming next!

WOW! Very good post. Agree with all of it.

Next season is set up to be anxiously awaited. Darn, it is so long between seasons.

Edited by muggle not

Yes great summing up Kell, interesting to see that it's mainly the women who seem to be in charge now.

And we were all blindsided about a certain person's heritage.

Up to you Virginia, but if you don't like lots of sex and violence it might not be for you, and an awful lot happens in a short space of time (which is when it might be helpful to have read the books first, I'm always interested to see how non book readers manage to follow all the storylines).  But there are some great characters and actors, which is the main reason I stick with it. 

In answer to Muggle Not, I think Jaime (maybe with Tyrion's help)?

Did anyone else notice that Gendry (Robert Baratheon's out-of-wedlock son) who was helped to escape by Melisandre) just disappeared and hasn't been heard of since he set off in that little boat? Surely that can't be a dead end? A big deal was made of hunting him down because he was the king's son (even if not legitimate) and his blood being of value because it is the blood of a king, but then he just disappears and is never heard of again? I don't think so! Surely he's still of some importance? We can't just write him off...

Yep I was wondering about him too, he's also disappeared from the books (and there wasn't any of that stuff with Melisandre in the books either).

I've just read on imdb that filming on the next series will be delayed as they have to wait for a lot of wintry weather, so we'll have to wait even longer for winter to finally arrive properly :o

Starting from disc1 season1. I picked up my library copy yesterday. I also downloaded some podcasts and will try to get the audio book to get me caught up.

Is this your first time seeing it, Virginia?  If so,  :exc::hyper:  :clapping:!  

I would recommend the Game of Owns podcast, I love listening to those guys every week! 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, the entire show was great and agree with everyone that the opening scene was terrific. I also though loved the very last scene.

Spoiler

Shall we begin!!!

I can't wait for next week's show. :)

As a matter of fact I am going to go and watch the rerun tonight.

Edited by muggle not