Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

We have seen 6 out of 10 episodes of Game of Thrones season 4 now (we watched the 6th one yesterday). The events are pretty tense! (though I do know what will happen because I've read the books).

I've read on several sites that at some point, season 6 or 7, the TV show is expected to spoil things that haven't happened yet in the books, because the next book(s) won't be released yet by then. I think for myself, I might just wait with watching the TV show until I've read the book.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 5 starts 12 April over here and I can't wait!! I saw the last 2 episodes of season 4 in IMAX in February and ever since then I've been extra antsy :lol:

I'm not a reader of the books but am considering diving in.

We have seen 6 out of 10 episodes of Game of Thrones season 4 now (we watched the 6th one yesterday). The events are pretty tense! (though I do know what will happen because I've read the books).

I've read on several sites that at some point, season 6 or 7, the TV show is expected to spoil things that haven't happened yet in the books, because the next book(s) won't be released yet by then. I think for myself, I might just wait with watching the TV show until I've read the book.

Yes, I heard the other day that Martin has talked to the show's creators about what will be happening in the books so they know what to do in the show. :)

They have also said that some characters that don't die in the books will be bumped off this series.

I think I'll have to start avoiding Game of Thrones stuff once this series starts, I don't want the books ruined.

They have also said that some characters that don't die in the books will be bumped off this series.

Argh! I will avoid it too, starting from season six, because I want to read the books first (books six and seven). I've read book five so I should be able to watch season five, which will be broadcast soon here.

• 3 weeks later...

So we saw the first episode of season five. Overall I liked it. Though there was a lot going on with a lot of characters! Most scenes were quite short, so it felt a bit disjointed in places. However, since I've read the books I was able to easily follow it really. I found it very enjoyable and I look forward to see episode 2. I'm particularly looking forward to the story line of (spoiler for those who haven't seen seasons 1-4):

Arya

Yesterday the second episode aired, I enjoyed it. I find some storylines more interesting than others, but overall it's good so far, and I look forward to see the rest of the season (and even more so, I really want to read the last two books in the series).

• 2 weeks later...

After so many people that I know raving about how good this series was (and of course discovering that some of it was filmed in Iceland) Coran and I went and bought the season 1 and 2 DVD's to watch. We are both completely hooked, and I can't now believe that it took us so long to watch these. It is rare for me to sit through a whole show as riveted as I was by this - we watched the entire season 1 over the weekend, and I can't wait to see what happens next in season 2. I have downloaded a copy of the soundtrack too, which is amazing.  

• 4 weeks later...

We have since bought and watched seasons 3 and 4, but now have to wait for season 5 to be released on DVD. No matter how much I like GOT I am going to subscribe to Sky for just one program. I will have to try then not to read all the spoilers about season 5 !

Due a problem with my parents' satellite I've not been able to watch the last few episodes (my parents' TV doesn't get any TV signals at all at the moment). Gladly though the subscription package allows us to also watch the episodes online, so I just have to watch them in front of the computer, some time. I haven't done that yet to be honest, I felt episodes 3 and 4 were a bit slower paced, and then the satellite broke, so I haven't yet seen any more.

Due a problem with my parents' satellite I've not been able to watch the last few episodes (my parents' TV doesn't get any TV signals at all at the moment). Gladly though the subscription package allows us to also watch the episodes online, so I just have to watch them in front of the computer, some time. I haven't done that yet to be honest, I felt episodes 3 and 4 were a bit slower paced, and then the satellite broke, so I haven't yet seen any more.

Catch up with it, Gaia! Last night's episode (episode 8) was FANTASTIC. :D

Ooh, intriguing! I'm well behind. I watched the first episode of the season, but haven't watched any since then. At this stage, I'm thinking I may as well just wait until the rest of the season has aired and then binge watch the whole thing. :)

Binge watching is always a great idea, Kylie ;)

Indeed! I love getting absorbed in a TV show. :)

Beware Kylie, for the web is dark and full of spoilers.

Thanks Sousa. :) I've so far managed to avoid spoilers, which is pretty amazing, especially since I follow the Facebook page and everything!

Hey, just got something to put out there:

WHAT HAS BECOME OF RICKON??? I mean, are we just supposed to assume he's...dead, or something?!! Every time, I can't help but ponder about him :/ Does anyone else think the same? And you don't really hear or see people, in life or the characters, mentioning him at all - unlike the obvious Jon Snow, Dany, Arya etc because they're main, pivotal characters in the show...but think about it, what has befallen him, and are we ever going to see his character pop up in the future books, or tv? Is he going to make a shocking comeback down the line, or has he just simply been written out of the storyline, and that's that from him, because he's only a young lad and there's no further plot line that can be explored with him? Hmm...Just my thoughts anyway :D

I hope we will see him in future books and TV show episodes, so far he hasn't made an appearance in the books. I'm sure though that he'll pop up sooner or later, I think. At least, what else is the point of his character and everything else? I hope he will make an appearance again at least, anyway.