Game of Thrones

Karsa Orlong

Still haven't got around to watching season three yet but I think I'll wait until next week's episode has aired and watch them all in one go. I've read the third book so unfortunately there'll be no surprises, but I'm interested to see how things come across on screen..

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading some of the reactions on twitter - absolutely priceless. I remember it being one of my favourite scenes in the book so I'm glad they've got it across to screen well.

Oooooo .....I don't DARE come back to this thread!! I've only read Book One and am just allowing myself to watch the first season on DVD now. There's enough shocks in the first book :icon_eek: 

Such an amazingly good book/series.

Much as I enjoy the show (and I really, REALLY do!) I'm getting a little peeved at some of the changes they're making. The uneccessary ones such as changing Jane's name and character (yes, that's Robb's queen!) leave me wondering "Why?", but others, where plot points have been changed (and bearing in mind there are still at least 2 more books to come in the series) I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be able to reconcile those changes later on? Or will they do a True Blood and veer completely away from the source material? I really hope they don't because I've gone from loving TB to hating it. :(

I'm guessing GRRM's had a lot of input into what is due to happen in the final books.  I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd discussed the rest of the story with Benioff and Weiss so they knew where it was going.  If I can find it again I'll post the link  :shrug:

3x09 lived up to my expectations, just about :smile:

Yeah, Benioff and Weiss definitely know where it's going to end up. I was watching a cast Q&A at Comic-Con and they couldn't answer who they thought would end up on the throne because Martin had already told them.

3x09 related stuff:

This amused me :giggle2:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/oh-shhhhhhh-i-totally-forgot-that-happens,32673/

"And even though it’s my responsibility as an author to protect the integrity of my novels at all costs, I have to admit that I personally wouldn’t have noticed if they’d completely changed the story at that point and the episode had ended happily. Hell, those books were written a long time ago; you can’t expect me to remember every last detail. Sure, I’m an executive producer on the show and they send me all the scripts on these things, but I never read them. Those things are full of spoilers."

:lol:

I have to say Kell, you were very good at not giving anything away when we were discussing it the other day. ;)

I try very hard, but I also have a lot of practice, because Dale is watching the show but hasn't read any of the books.

I'm wondering if the finale next week will have the other wedding we've come to expect, and if so, I'll REALLY be looking forward to it! :)

I try very hard, but I also have a lot of practice, because Dale is watching the show but hasn't read any of the books.

I'm wondering if the finale next week will have the other wedding we've come to expect, and if so, I'll REALLY be looking forward to it! :)

Must not miss it...but how do the follow Monday's episode....shhhh, don't tell me...

Much as I enjoy the show (and I really, REALLY do!) I'm getting a little peeved at some of the changes they're making. The uneccessary ones such as changing Jane's name and character (yes, that's Robb's queen!) leave me wondering "Why?", but others, where plot points have been changed (and bearing in mind there are still at least 2 more books to come in the series) I'm beginning to wonder if they'll be able to reconcile those changes later on? Or will they do a True Blood and veer completely away from the source material? I really hope they don't because I've gone from loving TB to hating it. :(

I've read all the books and I've taken very little exception to the changes in the show.  I think they've been mostly reasonable.  They changed Jane's character entirely and made her a girl from Essos.  I can understand changing her name to sound more... Essosian?

Where are you from?

Volantis.

What's your name?

Jane.

Oh...

Edited by Andy

Where are you from?

Volantis.

What's your name?

Jane.

Oh...

:lol:

I think most of the changes have been okay.  I don't think the detour that Robb took in the books to get married would have worked on screen cos viewers wouldn't have seen their relationship develop  :shrug:

Thought it was a bit of a dull finale (not really a surprise after last week, I suppose).  I thought Charles Dance stole the episode again, although Stephen Dillane and Liam Cunningham are giving him a good run for his money :smile:

Very dull finale. I can't help thinking they made a bit of a mistake. The finale should either have been the Red Wedding (with plenty of, "OMG! What's going to happen now???") or with Joffrey's wedding.

Personally, I would have favoured the latter with loads of death, whodunnit, suspicion, imprisonment and escape.

It would have left multiple nail-biting-worthy cliffhangers that would leave the fans gagging for the next season. After expecting an explosive finale, I can't help feeling the episode we were given was something of a damp squib.

That said, I did love the Joffrey-bashing sesion handed out by Tyrion and Tywin - "Anyone who has to state, 'I am the King' is no King at all!" Hahahahaha!