Girl about time/Ruby Red - Trilogy by Kerstin Gier

Julia

I want to tell you about a wonderful young adult trilogy today. It's a trilogy from the german author Kerstin Gier. It's about a girl called Gwen (well at least in the German books, I think she is called Gwyneth in the translation). She lives with her family in London. The important person of the family is her cousin Charlotte, because everyone think that she would be able to travel in the time. But that's not true, it's Gwen who is the time traveller. And so after years with training for Charlotte it's Gwen who jumps in the time, Gwen, who cannot fence, who has no idea how people lived in the past, Gwen, who only wanted to be a normal girl. But now she has a big task. She need to work together with Gideon, a male time traveller. There are tasks to be done and she really need to find out what the secret of the time travelling is. Why flew her cousin Lucy and her friend Paul, the last time travellers before Gwen and Gideon, why are they hiding know in the past? What did they find out? And why lied Gwens mother about Gwens birthday, why wouldn't she tell anyone the right date, the date that would have indicated that Gwen is the time traveller? There are a lot of mysteries and a turbulent time begins - a time with a lot of adventur, dangerous times and - of course - love.

It's really an enchanting story, I love all three books. Gwen is such a great girl, sarcastic, funny and tough. And she has a wonderful friend called Leslie, helping her in the exciting time. Well, and than there is Gideon. I think most of the readers fall in love with him.

OK, I could go on and on adoring the trilogy. But I think I will wait until some of you have read the first book. You will be able to read it soon because it will be published in America in May. It will be named Ruby Red. The English edition called Girl about time will be out in august. If you read it - have fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished Green, the last of the trilogy after Red and Blue .. well, at least that's how they are titeled in Italy. Anyway, they are really good! Gwendolyn is really tough: she learns how to deal with her "gift" and with the shadow fo her family. But I can't stand Gideon: too perfect to be real!