Liked "Travels with my Aunt" what Graham Greene should I read next?

I've just finished "Travels with my Aunt" and must say I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure that I would, I took it on a trip with me and as I left I realised it was the only book I had taken and was a bit concerned I wouldn't like it. However, I found it very enjoyable and entertaining. I'm wondering what Graham Greene I should read next (this was my first), I was thinking about "The Human Factor" - can anyone recommend this or have a better suggestion?

I very much enjoyed this book too but it is the only one of his that I've read. I did read though that this is the only book he wrote for fun, so maybe his others wouldn't have quite the same humour. I wonder if you might like E.M.Foster's Room With A View.

That is quite a coincidence - I have just finished reading Room With A View. I started reading it before Travels With My Aunt, but didn't take it away with me as I had nearly finished it so to save space took the unstated Travels With My Aunt.

I didn't like Room With a View as much as Travels With My Aunt. I found the story less convincing and the characters (especially Lucy) less real. I'm glad I read it, but don't think it is one I would read again. What did you think of it?

I really loved it but realise it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I watched the movie of this book which included such great actors as Maggie Smith, Denholm Elliot, Helena Bonham Carter and Judi Dench and I think this really brought the book alive.

Let us know what you think of the next Graham Greene you read. I've always meant to read more.

I've only read The Third Man and The Fallen Idol. Both books came in one edition and the stories are reasonably short. I thought they were both brilliant, although I might be biased because the movie version of The Third Man is one of my favourite ever movies. I have several more of his novels on my TBR pile, including Travels with My Aunt, which I'm now really looking forward to reading.

• 2 weeks later...