Has anyone read...?

VanessaL

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! "Forbidden" is on my to-read-list, but I've already heard great things about it! It's very very emotional and can lead you to a whole new way of thinking about love. Of course, keep your mind open, it's not the easiest book to read (:

I've read Forbidden, I actually reviewed it for a publisher, you can it here on the BCF review blog: http://bcfreviews.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/forbidden-by-tabitha-suzuma/ I thought it was an excellent read!

Has anyone NOT read harry potter?... :angel_not:

I haven't :)

Nor I :)

Edited by Devi

Another classic Martina Cole book. I read this in one weekend as I couldn't put it down.

Love to read this.

Having read all other Martina Cole books this one has not dissapointed me.

It is fantasic insight into the other world of gangsters, prostitution, killing and drugs.

Has anyone NOT read harry potter?... :angel_not:

Me!! Although I confess, I read the last one, gave into the hype, and didn't see anything to it. Although that may not be totally fair, as I suspect one should have read the prior ones to make sense of the thing. Husband has read two, and was impressed by them. Much better than the negative press received by them. Definitely worth the positive raves.

Has anyone read You coming with me lad by Mike Pannett but they a first book do you have to read them in order?

My reading group read it and got a little confused in places, but it still works reasonably well as a stand alone novel. Having said that, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Has anyone read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce? This book keeps showing up on goodreads a lot these days, I like the title and have been really curious about it.

I haven't read it, but it's on my wishlist, frankie. The author is reasonably local to me, and I keep seeing it in bookshop windows, and looking at the synopsis, it sounds right up my street.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not read any Stuart McBride, Laura, but I know lots of people who like him. Have you looked at the views on Amazon? :)

Has anyone read Madensky Square by Eva Ibbotson? It's today's 99p Kindle deal - I've read a few of hers and enjoyed them but I'm not clear whether this is an adult novel or a children's/YA one! (I realise I've left it a bit late - I've only just looked at my daily emails!).

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read any of the following books?

White Ghosts - Will Rhode

Memory in Death - J.D. Robb

Servant of the Bones - Anne Rice

Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz

Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz

I only know the author Anne Rice.

Edited by Devi

I am interested in purchasing The Tiger Woods Phenomenon: Essays on the Cultural Impact of Golf's Fallible Superman by Donna J Barbie

but wondering if any of the Book Club members have read it and if you would recommend it or please give me some further details on it ... thanks a lot :smile: