Has anyone read...?

VanessaL

Hey peace, how are you? I have read 'Meet the Radleys', I am very biased when it comes to Matt Haig, I think he is a brilliant writer, I did enjoy 'Meet the Radleys' , it was a good story. :)

Excellent, Weave, thanks!! I can't wait to get my hands on this book then, and possibly other Matt Haig books :D.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, Weave, thanks!! I can't wait to get my hands on this book then, and possibly other Matt Haig books :D.

He's really good, quite a diverse author, he covers different subjects, 'The Possession of Mr Cave' is a great read. :)

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/matt-haig/

:)

Frank will vouch for Matt Haig's The Last Family in England, which she absolutely loved. :)

Frank will vouch for Matt Haig's The Last Family in England, which she absolutely loved. :)

Frankie has fab taste, it was a great read. :)

Oooh thanks for the link! And I'm glad to hear Frankie endorses Haig too :D. I'm definitely going shopping for his books on Friday.

:D

Frank :D Yes I absolutely loved it, it was one of the most bestest novels I read last year! :smile2:

Frankie has fab taste, it was a great read. :)

Thank you Weave :D It's a fab read!

Oooh thanks for the link! And I'm glad to hear Frankie endorses Haig too :D. I'm definitely going shopping for his books on Friday.

Wohoo!! :exc:

Edit: Oh you were talking about the Radleys book initially, oops! That's on my wishlist, I definitely want to read it and will certainly try and read anything else Haig has written :)

Edited by frankie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read Deadwood by Pete Dexter? I have been recommended it by someone for my husband who isn't much of a reader (in fact the only book I can remember him finishing in recent years are the Flashman books. It seems to get good reviews on Amazon and apparently it is a book that men like, whatever that means!

Has anyone read any Dan Rodes books and are they good?

I've got one in Japan.

I've only read his book called Gold but I absolutely adored and loved it! Poppyshake has read more of his novels and tunn300 as well and I think they'd come hear and praise the author should they catch a sniff of your post :smile2:

I've only read his book called Gold but I absolutely adored and loved it! Poppyshake has read more of his novels and tunn300 as well and I think they'd come hear and praise the author should they catch a sniff of your post :smile2:

thank you for your replying.

and thank you for your recommendation of "Gold".

I would try to read.

I've read his book"TIMOLEON VIETA COME HOME" in Japanese which get booker prize.

I absolutely adored it too!

and now I'm trying to read it English ver.

so, please let me recommend any other author too.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read Started Early, Took the Dog by Kate Atkinson - and if so, would it be okay to read it if one hasn't read the first two in the series? :)

Hi, Yes, I have read; STARTED EARLY, TOOK THE DOG. I have also read two of Kate Atkinson's previous novels. I was'nt as smitten with `Started Early` as with her other novels. But, hey, maybe just my opinion. My other thought is, have you read any Anita Shreve novels?

I am so pleased a book series has been bugging me for the last couple of weeks I could not for the life of me remember the name of the author or even the series and as it is not one I own I couldn't even look it uo. It was a series my grandma owned and she only ever (reluctantly) let me read one of the books she never really liked me in those days, but I have just wikied it generally under the guise of books published in the 1940's and found it!!!! woo hoo :D

Mazo de la Roche - Jalna series anyone ever read any of these? not sure I can remember any of it at all might have to go and have a look on Amazon

Has anyone read the Lily Bard Mysteries by Charlaine Harris? I'm looking for something light and easy to read with a touch of humour.

Hi Andrea, how are you?, I know this is in no way helpful but I haven't read them but I want to, amazon is now selling an omnibus edition of the books and an omnibus edition of The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries :) I have heard they are really good. :)

Edited by Weave

Any John le Carre readers out there. I thought it was time I delved into one or two his books and thought I would try The Russia House and maybe Smiley's people. Just wondered what opinions of his works were?

Just seen this whilst looking for something else.

I started reading his George Smiley books last year, and have read Call for the Dead and A Murder of Quality so far (I'm planning to read The Spy Who Came in From the Cold shortly).

I can recommend both of the books I have read so far.

I have only attempted The Tailor of Panama, but had to put it down as it just didn't grab me. It didn't flow right for me, and I found myself constantly stumbling over sentences. Having said that, loads of people rave about him, so I wouldn't listen to me. :giggle: