Has anyone read...?

VanessaL

Anybody read The Taking by Dean Koontz? I've received it as a gift, in paperback, 2 months ago for my Birthday and honestly never heard of this Koontz book before. It's my only Koontz novel, he has many I plan to read but this will be my first. Has a pretty cover lol

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody read The Taking by Dean Koontz? I've received it as a gift, in paperback, 2 months ago for my Birthday and honestly never heard of this Koontz book before. It's my only Koontz novel, he has many I plan to read but this will be my first. Has a pretty cover lol

I have.  Tuck it at the very bottom of your TBR pile.....with a little luck you'll forget about it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read Sue Harrison's books? There's a copy of the omnibus of the Ivory Carver Trilogy in the free books bookcase at the office and I'm wondering if I should snatch it. There are also copies of the first two books in another trilogy called The Storyteller Trilogy.

• 4 weeks later...

I have.  Tuck it at the very bottom of your TBR pile.....with a little luck you'll forget about it ;)

Hmm, yes, not his best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also think Paula aka Weave (see?? :D) loved the books.. But then again I don't know if she's read Titus Groan :)

Thanks Sari, it was Paula selecting it as one of her choice of books that have stayed with her that led me to it. She hasn't read Titus Groan yet unfortunately. The synopsis reminds me a little of Titus Groan (fantasy in the real world) so I'm wondering if my Dad will like it.. I need another pressie idea for him! :)

Thanks Sari, it was Paula selecting it as one of her choice of books that have stayed with her that led me to it. She hasn't read Titus Groan yet unfortunately. The synopsis reminds me a little of Titus Groan (fantasy in the real world) so I'm wondering if my Dad will like it.. I need another pressie idea for him! :)

Ah yep, the FB thing! :) Hm.... I haven't finished TG, but loved all the pages I read... (a bit more than 100 pages)... And hm, do you think he might like The Shadow of the Wind? I've not read Weaveworld, though, so I don't know if TSotW is what you are looking for... :shrug:

Edit: I did think about getting back to you on the FB thing, but I think I'd just gotten in from town and had to make dinner etc. But when I read the thing, TSotW was the first that came to my mind :yes:

Edited by frankie

• 3 weeks later...

I have read Jeffrey Deaver's 'Blue Nowhere' a few years ago. Mr Deaver is yet to write a bad book, and 'Blue Nowhere' is clever, twisty and occasionally unnerving. :smile:

Thanks Chrissy. Yeah Deaver is awesome, i've read the first 2 books of the Lincoln Rhyme Series. Anyways the Blue Nowhere looks so good in a unique way, i don't think i've ever read anything like it before. Something about hacking and the police asking for help from a famous old hacker whose in jail, very exciting looking

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody read The Distant Hours by Kate Morton? I got it on sale in The Works as a bit of a random buy when I was ordering another book, I've never read anything by the author before but I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's meant to be good?

I read it a while ago now and have to say I was rather disappointed after thoroughly enjoying her previous two books, The House at Riverton and The Forgotten Garden, it was a big book compared to them and I felt it could easily have been a third shorter without losing any of the story. I have bought her latest book, The Secret Keeper though as the reviews suggest it may be a return to her original form. :)