Has anyone read...?

VanessaL

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone read the adventures of hatteras?

Mallorean is the sequel I believe...Think I will start Belgariad after I finish His Dark Materials.

Now,his dark materials,that I have read and that is a great series,my aunt got the three books for me

now back to my question:has anyone read the adventures of hatteras?

Mallorean is the sequel I believe...Think I will start Belgariad after I finish His Dark Materials.

Yeah, The Mallorean follows on from The Belgariad. I have very fond memories of both series from when I read them in my teens/20s. There's a character in them called Silk who is still one of my all time favourites :smile:

Has anyone read the hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalpyse? I just finished it and it made me laugh quite a bit lol

I was sure I'd heard it discussed before, so I did a quick search and found a thread about the author and a couple of people mention it there. Here's a link to it http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3558-robert-rankin :)

Has anyone read a journey to the center of the earth?

A few years ago but I remember really enjoying it, a really interesting concept, well written and very easy to read :smile:

Has anyone read moby dick?I'm reading it and I started it night before yesterday and I am on page 132....nothing interesting yet...waiting for the whale to come into the story.....

I'm reading it now (not through choice I have to read it for uni) and it takes a LONG time to get into the story. I did feel like there was a lot of needless information. If your edition is similar to mine though (mines the norton critical edition) page 132 is close to getting interesting so don't give up on it. Good Luck :D

Hi there,

Alas, no I haven't read her book. My preference is for self-help books. One I did read recently was "The Power in Softness - A Guide to Personal Protection and Empowerment for Women". It's written by a female ex-bouncer who teaches women all about personal safety and empowerment. What I think sets this book apart from most self-help books is that the author, Charly Flower, backs up all her "know how" with some wonderfully entertaining stories - even some of my male friends have enjoyed the book. A breath of fresh air: women are so much more than part frocks and tiaras - as Charly Flower points out.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a hardback book from Poundland today Martina Cole 'The Take', wonder if anyone has read this book and if it is worth reading, it sounds quite good.

Have you read this yet? I've actually read it twice! Brilliant book, I love all martina Cole's :)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody read Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma ?

I'm about to make a start on it.

It's a YA book & although it sounds gross (it's about a brother & sister who fall in love with one another) the reviews suggest it's an emotional story with a sad ending.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

Hi! "Forbidden" is on my to-read-list, but I've already heard great things about it! It's very very emotional and can lead you to a whole new way of thinking about love. Of course, keep your mind open, it's not the easiest book to read (:

Has anyone read or heard anything about The Fault in Our Stars by John Green? It is a young adult novel about two teenagers who meet at a cancer support group. I believe it was just released here in the US this month and there is some buzz about it in Entertainment Weekly magazine already.

Oh please, believe in every buzz you ever heard about John Green. He's marvelous. I haven't read TFiOS yet - although I'm dying to - but I've already read two books by Green and both are favourites of mine. This one is an all-crying kind of book *-*

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but as anyone read 'The Hunger Games? Can adults enjoy this as much as children? After seeing the trailer for the up coming film, I'm debating whether to read the books.

If you like dystopias and fantasy, there are great possibilities for you to like Hunger Games. I think you can enjoy even more than children if you see the more than just a dystopic adventure. A lot of social issues is debated subtly among the pages, it's very interesting to see. It's not just an action book, it's way more than that. And please, don't read it as if it was a romance novel (as the trailer and the film presents).

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read, Mrs Peregrine's home for peculiar children'.....I can't wait to get into this...I think I'm going to love it.

Andie P x

I read it earlier in the year and loved it! Check out my book blog for a (very basic) review.. :)

Has anyone read A Gift Upon the Shore by M.K. Wren?

synopsis from goodreads:

“A Gift Upon the Shore is a lyrical, haunting story of two women, an artist and a writer, surviving in a dark near future. Driven by rich and fully drawn characters, this is a powerful, compelling story of a friendship that survives the devastation, only to face a more difficult test from the ‘gift’ found upon the shore… It is also about remaining human under the worst of conditions, and the humanizing influence of books and art, even when their existence is threatened.

“Above all, it is a poignant expression of the durability, grace, and potential of the human spirit.”

It was recently recommended to me.

I read it quite a few years ago but didn't enjoy it as I just found the Tullivers so irritating, such a luckless bunch, but you might feel differently about it so don't let that put you off plenty of people I know have read it & loved it :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read any thing form paullina simons

I haven't, but a good friend has read some of hers, and absolutely loved them. They were one thing I decided against adding to the TBR pile, but it was a close call.

• 3 weeks later...