Carl Hiaasen - Skinny Dip

Kell

Author: Carl Hiaasen

ISBN # 0552772534

My sister-in-law made me take this book when I saw her last weekend. I almost purposely left it behind as, going by the previous reading she was telling me about, I really didn't think it'd be something I would enjoy all that much.

I was wrong.

From the moment Joey Perrone is thrown off a luxury liner by her husband on their 2nd anniversary cruise (which is right on the first page, by the way - hell, it's in the opening paragraph!) I was hooked.

Witty, slick, dark humour, well-written drama; this one has it all.

I might even e tempted to sample Hiaasen's other offerings...

• 2 months later...
Author: Carl Hiaasen

ISBN # 0552772534

My sister-in-law made me take this book when I saw her last weekend. I almost purposely left it behind as, going by the previous reading she was telling me about, I really didn't think it'd be something I would enjoy all that much.

I was wrong.

From the moment Joey Perrone is thrown off a luxury liner by her husband on their 2nd anniversary cruise (which is right on the first page, by the way - hell, it's in the opening paragraph!) I was hooked.

Witty, slick, dark humour, well-written drama; this one has it all.

I might even e tempted to sample Hiaasen's other offerings...

Yes it was an excellent book, a quick funny read. Sorry Kell didn't realise I forced it on you LOL! I have picked up a few of his books off Ottakar's shelves and read the synopses, but have yet to buy any more. He also writes children's books.

Quite a few people (not always reliable judges of my taste in books, mind you) have been recommending Hiaasen. Perhaps I ought to give one of his books a go at some point.

I picked up Skinny Dip on a whim as I was running out of books to read and the bookshop was almost closing. I really enjoyed it. It's pretty far fetched but I found it funny as hell. He has quite a comprehensive site at http://www.carlhiaasen.com/

You didn't really force it on me, Jake - LOL! It was funny, because you gave it to me & I wasn't all that bothered, but then you mentioned a little about it & it sounded interestnig. Anyway, I'm glad I took it now coz I really enjoyed it. :D