Tiger's Child - Torey Hayden

Ollie - Stephen Venables

December

Yes Sister, No Sister - Jennifer Craig

Where are you Really From? - Tim Brannigan

Edited by Penguin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Penguin. :)

From your lists I want to read The Phantom of the Opera, Sister and Room .

What did you think of 'Phantom'? I love the musical - obviously I have no idea how it compares to the book but I must get round to reading it soon to see.

• 4 months later...

Hi Janet

I haven't been on the website for a few months so apologies for not replying to your message back in April. I enjoyed reading The Phantom of the Opera and feel that the show can only portray so much of the detail written in the book as it would be difficult to stage. There is a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera which I would like to read.

Regarding the book Sister I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would like to read the Author's second book which I think was released in June. As you can see from my list, which I have updated this morning, I read a lot of non-fiction but I am certainly glad I read Sister which I would rate as 4 out of 5. Room, I didn't enjoy quite as much, mainly because it is written as a five year old would write or speak. However I did like the book and rate it as 3/5.

I will certainly be visiting the website more often now and will keep my list updated.

Hi Penguin. :)

From your lists I want to read The Phantom of the Opera, Sister and Room .

What did you think of 'Phantom'? I love the musical - obviously I have no idea how it compares to the book but I must get round to reading it soon to see.

Hi Kidsmum

Apologies for not replying to your message that you posted back in April. I must admit I haven't been looking at the website so sorry for the delay in answering your question.

I enjoyed Human Traces and it was the first book that I have read by the Author (I have now read two of his books). There is a lot involved in the book and I think it is a very difficult book to review. The subjects of psychiatry and mental health feature heavily and also detail about the human brain. There were a few parts where the material is very heavy which I read but skimmed over. The rating I would give the book is 4/5.

Hi Penguin

I have Human Traces on my TBR list so I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it :)

Welcome back Penguin! :)

I enjoyed reading The Phantom of the Opera and feel that the show can only portray so much of the detail written in the book as it would be difficult to stage. There is a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera which I would like to read.

I have this on my TBR but I don't know much about the book, I'm afraid. I find it interesting that you say the books is filled with all sorts of details etc., as the book is quite slim. I will look forward to reading it :)

Regarding the book Sister I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would like to read the Author's second book which I think was released in June. As you can see from my list, which I have updated this morning, I read a lot of non-fiction but I am certainly glad I read Sister which I would rate as 4 out of 5. Room, I didn't enjoy quite as much, mainly because it is written as a five year old would write or speak. However I did like the book and rate it as 3/5.

Thanks for your thoughts (eventhough they weren't directed towards me :D), I've read many great things about this book on the forum and your thoughts on it has reminded me that I should look into the book asap!