My Latest Doorstep

Penguin

I am a new member and have just joined today. I have just finished reading Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks - 793 Pages. This is the first novel that I have read by this Author and have enjoyed reading it very much. The book was published in 2005. It is based on the late 1800's and is about two boys, who on meeting, decide to set up a quest to learn more about how the mind works and they open a sanatorium in Austria.

Hi Chesilbeach. Thanks for your reply. I haven't read a lot of fiction recently and what I liked about Human Traces was that the Author went into the storyline fairly quickly and the storyline flowed easily for me. There was a lot of medical description and passages but these can be skimmed through depending on the reader's interest. I enjoy reading about medical issues but suspect that it may be heavy reading to some people. I want to read Birdsong by the same Author when I can get hold of a copy which was writen before Human Traces.