Jane Green...

Is anyone read any of her books, I've read them all nearly, I've them all for the last year she is a fantastic writer. I've just started reading one of Jane Green's books "The Love Verb" which I'm really enjoying, does anyone know if there is a certain order I should read them, as I think will start reading her books now, now that I've read all of Susan Lewis's books.

I don't read them myself these days (I've read three, I think, (but a long time ago), including Life Swap in 2006 as part of an online Book Read (on a non-book forum!), but hated it, I'm afraid!), but I believe that Jane Green's novels are all 'standalone' books, so they don't need reading in any particular order.

It might be interesting to read them in publication order, so you can see how she progresses (or not!) as a writer. :)

I've looked on Fantastic Ficion, and the books, in date order, are:

Straight Talking (1997)

Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings And Swans (1998)

Mr. Maybe (1999)

Bookends (2000)

Babyville (2001)

To Have and to Hold (2003)

......(aka Spellbound)

The Other Woman (2004)

Swapping Lives (2005)

......(aka Life Swap)

Second Chance (2007)

The Beach House (2008)

Dune Road (2009)

......(aka Girl Friday)

The Love Verb (2010)

......(aka Promises to Keep)

The Practice Marriage (2012)

I hope you enjoy them. :)

I'm a bit confused as the thread title is Susan Lewis but we seem to be talking about Jane Green!

Anyway ...

I've read most of the Jane Green novels - I loved Jemima J and Mr Maybe when I first read them, but I found she went off the boil a bit after that (I particularly didn't like Babyvillle), but I thought The Beach House was a return to form and will probably have a go at the more recent ones at some point.

Have read nothing by Susan Lewis though.

I don't read them myself (I read Life Swap in 2006 as part of an online Book Read (on a non-book forum!), but hated it, I'm afraid!), but I believe that Jane Green's novels are all 'standalone' books, so they don't need reading in any particular order.

It might be interesting to read them in publication order, so you can see how she progresses (or not!) as a writer. :)

I've looked on Fantastic Ficion, and the books, in date order, are:

Straight Talking (1997)

Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings And Swans (1998)

Mr. Maybe (1999)

Bookends (2000)

Babyville (2001)

To Have and to Hold (2003)

......(aka Spellbound)

The Other Woman (2004)

Swapping Lives (2005)

......(aka Life Swap)

Second Chance (2007)

The Beach House (2008)

Dune Road (2009)

......(aka Girl Friday)

The Love Verb (2010)

......(aka Promises to Keep)

The Practice Marriage (2012)

I hope you enjoy them. :)

Thanks Janet, I've got the website in my favourites & I never thought of looking there to see if there was a order in which to read them. :irked:

I'm a bit confused as the thread title is Susan Lewis but we seem to be talking about Jane Green!

I've taken the liberty of amending the title slightly so it should make it clearer to others, Claire. :)

Thanks Janet, I've got the website in my favourites & I never thought of looking there to see if there was a order in which to read them. :irked:

Hehe! I love Fantastic Fiction - I refer to it all the time, so it's in my 'Bookmarks Toolbar'.

As I said above, I've amended your title slightly - hope that's okay? Oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

I've taken the liberty of amending the title slightly so it should make it clearer to others, Claire. :)

Hehe! I love Fantastic Fiction - I refer to it all the time, so it's in my 'Bookmarks Toolbar'.

As I said above, I've amended your title slightly - hope that's okay? Oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Thanks Janet, I know I should have put Jane Green in the title, but but was just wondering if anyone else had read Susan Lewis's books, I really her as author, thanks for the welcome by the way. :D

• 5 months later...

Thanks Janet, I know I should have put Jane Green in the title, but but was just wondering if anyone else had read Susan Lewis's books, I really her as author, thanks for the welcome by the way. :D

Just came across your post even though it is an old one sorry. I recently read 1 of susan lewis' books. I read lost innocence. Loved her style of writing & was drawn in from the first few pages but felt cheated & let down by the ending. Only because it's not what I expected. We didn't really get an answer.

I'd read another of hers though ... any recommendations?

Anyway ...

I've read most of the Jane Green novels - I loved Jemima J and Mr Maybe when I first read them, but I found she went off the boil a bit after that (I particularly didn't like Babyvillle), but I thought The Beach House was a return to form and will probably have a go at the more recent ones at some point.

Have read nothing by Susan Lewis though.

:P I'm not really a Jane Green fan. I didn't like Babyville or The beach house.

Don't really think she's in the same league as Susan Lewis to be honest.