Hello from Geordie land!

Habeebi

Just thought I would create my first post and introduce myself - I've never joined an online forum before so be patient if I do anything dodgy!

I'm a 29 year old lass(not ready to be classed as a women yet still 8 months till I'm 30!) living in the North East of England.... I work as a medical secretary and I love the outdoors and keeping fit, recently sold my horse and got into cycling and loving it although this country is pants for half the year...and of course I love reading!

None of my friends or partner is into reading so I think I get it from my folks...so it would be nice to have people to chat to about books who are equally as enthusiastic as me....I'm certainly no intellectual but I think the type of books I go for a pretty varied - a few of my favourites are

A thousand splendid suns and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Hearts and Minds by Amanda Craig

Dean Koontz

Anything by Daphne Du Maurier

Agatha Christie

Rohinton Mistry

Some Lynda la Plante

George Pelacanos

Could go on forever really - I'm currently reading Wally Lamb - I know this much is true - first time I've read anything by Mr Lamb but have heard good reviews.

Anyway I look forward to joining in the forums and meeting some interesting folk....

Jo xx

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I really like Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier, and Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry....hoping to get my hands on a World Book Night copy of A Fine Balance to read and pass on....

A fine Balance is Amazing - its not fast paced or thrilling but it's one of few books that have really stuck in my mind and kept me thinking about it for ages after reading...buy it now! x

Hello Habeebi and welcome to the forum! :) Which Lynda la Plante novels do you like, her stand-alones or the Trial & Retribution series? I've only read maybe 4 titles of the latter, and have never read any of her other stuff. It's been made into an excellent TV-series as you probably know, really haunting.

Hi Kyle - yes I am totally dreading turning 30 - it will happen in November and I plan to be outside the country as I figure if I am then it doesn't really happen and I stay 29 forever haha I'm in complete denial!

Hi Frankie the La Plate books I like are the Trial and Retribution books - Above Suspicion and Deadly Intent. I much prefer Martina Cole though - her earlier books anyway some of her new ones are just awful!!

Hi and welcome. I also love Daphne Du Maurier and Dean Koontz. I'm yet to read any Linda La Plante but have loved her TV stuff and would like to read her books.

As for turning 30 - it's a piece of cake! Thirties are way better than twenties. I need to brace myself for the big 4-0 in a few years lol!

Hi Habeebie! I'm' originally from Northumberland, but now live in Aberdeen. I think we have a couple of other Geordies on here somewhere (we can be found everywhere in the world - I usually bump into some wherever I go - it's like we're taking over the world inch by inch - LOL1).

on't worry about turning 30 - I promise it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will. Saying that, I didn't turn thirty, I turned twenty-ten, and then twenty-eleven and twenty-twelve. However, I did turn thirty-three and am now very happy being thirty-four, s oyou get used to it eventually, I promise! ;)

(PS I merged both your threads so everything was in the same place.)

Hi Habeebie! I'm' originally from Northumberland, but now live in Aberdeen. I think we have a couple of other Geordies on here somewhere (we can be found everywhere in the world - I usually bump into some wherever I go - it's like we're taking over the world inch by inch - LOL1).

on't worry about turning 30 - I promise it doesn't hurt as much as you think it will. Saying that, I didn't turn thirty, I turned twenty-ten, and then twenty-eleven and twenty-twelve. However, I did turn thirty-three and am now very happy being thirty-four, s oyou get used to it eventually, I promise! ;)

Ah cheers Kell where abouts in N'land were you then? I'm in Seaton Delaval just down the road from Whitley Bay - you're right about Geordies turning up everywhere like - I used to live in the middle east and was at a Lindisfarne concert over there and they shouted for all the Geordies to stand up and there was hundreds of them!

Ah cheers Kell where abouts in N'land were you then? I'm in Seaton Delaval just down the road from Whitley Bay - you're right about Geordies turning up everywhere like - I used to live in the middle east and was at a Lindisfarne concert over there and they shouted for all the Geordies to stand up and there was hundreds of them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...