Comics And Graphic Novels.

Purple Poppy

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello friends

My favorite comics books is avatar .I like avatar comics book because it is fun jokes and interesting story.I hope you like this comics book.I read all episode this book.

Edited by Kylie
Removed link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm currently reading The Walking Dead series, and loving it. I bought the compendium, Volume 1, which is the first 8 books, as it's much much cheaper than buying them separately. I'm hooked on the TV series and it's interesting to compare the two. :boogie:

• 1 month later...

I agree with you PP it is certainly better to read something than nothing, and comic books certainly have their place, but, as you said, graphic novels are a whole new art form; I wouldn't compare the two. I've tried recently to read a supergirl comic (having loved her when I was young) and really didn't enjoy it at all, it lacked any real substance. Whereas, generally, the graphic novels I have read have been as absorbing and as gripping as any novel; I would definately recommend that you give them a try!

Edited by Michelle
link removed

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sometimes there is nothing more exciting than a well depicted Graphice Novel. (well, maybe chocolate :D )

Watchmen

The Trial

Crime and Punishment

The Walking Dead all up to date.

Maus I and II

Persepolis

Some Manga from daughters collection.

• 11 months later...

Are there many people around still who read comics and / or graphic novels and / or manga or am I the only one? I've been reading more manga lately now that my boyfriend's things are in the Netherlands with us. I also have some graphic novels on my TBR (mainly those based on 'text'books) and some comics (mainly to re-read old Donald Ducks and some comics I bought from HumbleBundle). I have to say I prefer 'text'books but I do like to read something with pictures now and then.