How many books a week / month / year?

honestfi

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read on the bus/train to and from work. But it's a 90 minute commute one way, so I get in about one book a week, less if I feel sleepy in the morning. ;)

I tried how much books I can read in a day once, when I was younger, and did not actually had to be anywhere (school holidays). I managed 3, but it's not really something I feel I'd need to retry.

• 5 weeks later...

I only read real novels books, usually 300-700 page fiction novels, whether it's crime/mystery, gothic/horror, dystopian, etc. I dont read magazines or history books, just fiction novels. And I average 3 novels each season.. So yeah, I finish about 11-12 books a year but I used to read more than that when i first got heavy into reading, it was all i did. NOW, i spend just as much time talking about books and i do reading them   :hyper:

At that moment I read 1-2 books per month, I haven't got time for more! I have study m degree, English, reading, watch tv series, go out with friends... there are a lot of thing to do.

I have only been cataloguing how many books I read in a certain time period, since last May (40+ books from May until December). Generally though it depends on what kind of books I read, on rare occasion I read one book or less than one book per week, most often though I read 3-4 books per week. When I was younger I could read 7 books per week (one book per day) or even more than that (10 books per week?). It depends on what other things I'm doing, too.

x

So far this year I've read 90+ books, it'll be interesting to see what my total is at the end of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

I try every year to read exactly 52 books (1 book a week) and fail miserably each time  :giggle2:  .

I've only read 14 books this year and would have to squeeze 38 books in from now until the end of December which clearly isn't going to happen.

I put this down to going through phases of reading and other life events that get in the way.

Sometimes I find myself going on Amazon or Goodreads when I'm in my 'not-reading-at-all-for-a-while' phase and like to add more and more rather than actually reading them.

When I'm on a roll however I can read 2 books a week, 1 the next, 3 the next and then suddenly stop altogether for a month.

All depends on the length of the book though.