How many books a week / month / year?

honestfi

Any particular reason you had me down as INTJ :D?

Methodical to the point of striving near perfection, seems to be the way with INTJs I have known.:lol:

Had you deffo I, N and J. I haven't read too many threads so I took a stab at the T. Having seen more of your posts I should have spotted the F.

But, y'see (my excuse), INTPs are terribly good at getting it nearly right.:lol: We're bloody good the rest of the time.:lol:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably read about 2 books a week (depending on what I'm doing etc). However, this week has blown my average. I have read all four Twilight books and three of the House of Night series (with two still to go which I will probably finish tonight and tomorrow :D)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok i just joined today and this site fascinates me.I tend to have serious sessions with books and then i hit a bad one and can stop reading for maybe months at a time so i am kind of hoping that this forum and site will keep my enthusiasm going..

So my question is as above what is the average number of books people read every week/month/year .You choose which one you want to answer

Looking forward to your responses

peter

Since I mostly read chick-lit and romance (paranormal/urban/other) I can get up to 15 books a month. Some months I am in a less reading mood and it will be a few less than 15.

I don't kow exactly how much I do in a year but since I started working 3 years ago I have started keeping track of the books I bought and then read and it seems to be coming up to a total of 280 since then.

On a weekly base I at least read 2 books (one during the week, one during the weekend) but mostly I need an other book furing the week because I already finished my week book and then sometimes there is a book number 4 when I feel like reading something completely different at night (being a night/bed book).

I must admit to starting to catalogue all the books i have read.I use a mac and i use a brilliant programme called delicious library to track all my books and it will be nice when i have added sufficient books to make it look packed lol

Peter

there are online programs for that aswell like shelfari or librarything :lol:

Over the past 2-3 years I've pretty consistently averaged 9 days per finished book, but there is quite large variation within that. During term time (I'm a primary teacher), I will drop to a book roughly every fortnight, but that will pick up if there are any holidays involved. 3 books a month is the norm outside the summer break. During the summer break, I was averaging a finished book round about every 4-5 days. I'll probably leave half a dozen or so books a year unfinished as well.

My reading is fairly eclectic, but it does include some pretty chunky stuff - e.g. within the past 18 months or so: War and Peace, Moby Dick, a few other classics and some fairly big history tomes, partially counterbalanced by the occasional quick read Simenon, Leon etc.

Favourite time for reading is early morning, or even better immediately after breakfast - not much good on a working day! Reading time has been a bit of a challenge the past few months, as I've been doing an OU course that has taken up a fair bit of time.

• 1 year later...

My reading rate has picked up a bit this year and I'm reading about 2 books per week on average (although I've spent 1 full month on my current read!)

Time for updates everyone! How many books are you reading each week/month/year? Has your reading been dropping off this year or picking up?