How many books a week / month / year?

honestfi

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reading seems to have taken another dip as I've got several chunky books no the go at once - LOL! As a consequence, I've decided to have a look at some Edgar Allan Poe via DailyLit in November so that even if I do't get my chunky books finished, I can feel I've finished something - LOL!

it takes me 3 days to read a book of around 300 pages and I'm reading a series thats quite consistant in length so I'm reading about 2 a week and having some time to go shopping or sleepovers and stuff, but it varys with the type of book I'm reading I can be a very slow reader. :D

First post! :D

I'm absolutely blown away by some of these numbers. I considered myself an average reader before seeing this post!

I used to get through about 6 books a month (depending on how engrossed I was in the book). I once got through Inception Point by Dan Brown in about 12 hours. I honestly couldn't put it down (it was my first Dan Brown).

Edited by Chrissy

To say that I love books and that I'm doing an English Literature degree I don't read very quickly at all. It usually takes me at least a couple of weeks to read a book. It's not that I read slowly. It's that I don't allocate the time to reading.

I keep meaning to make more time for reading. At the moment my spare time seems to be frittered away on the internet not doing anything in particular.

But of course sometimes I have my good weeks where I'll read a couple of books in a week. But those are rarer than I'd like them to be.

To say that I love books and that I'm doing an English Literature degree I don't read very quickly at all. It usually takes me at least a couple of weeks to read a book. It's not that I read slowly. It's that I don't allocate the time to reading.

I keep meaning to make more time for reading. At the moment my spare time seems to be frittered away on the internet not doing anything in particular.

But of course sometimes I have my good weeks where I'll read a couple of books in a week. But those are rarer than I'd like them to be.

I'm the exact same, right down to the degree. :wink:

Another thing that hampers the number of books I read, is the fact that I'm becoming increasingly particular about what I read - I think my theory of literature class is responsible for that, because once you start to intensely analyse books, few measure up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a slow reader, on average I'd say I read a book or 2 a month, which is not a lot. During the summer I read more because I have more free time.

The reason^^ is obviously lack of time, when uni starts there's always something to do, although to be completely honest, if I tried, I could find more time to read.

It's just me not trying :rolleyes:

But still, I don't mind it that much, because I want to enjoy the book I'm reading, and for that I need to take my time. :)

too me, it's all depends on how long the book is - how 'good' it is, and how much 'rubbish' is in it.

For example: I read the first harry potter book in 2 days, the 2nd in a week, the 3rd in a day and a half. the forth and fifth took a month each, the 6th took a week and then I had a 2 month break and read the 7th in 2 days.

Twilight - took me 3 days (498 pages), Robin Hood took me 3 weeks (300 pages), Red is for Remembrance took me 8 hours (300 pages)

New Moon is 600 pages, and so far it's been 6 days and I'm only 120 pages in. lol.

• 3 months later...

I do not know if there is a thread for this already.

I was just wondering how many books you read a week, it depends on the size of the book, if it has 400- 500 pages, then I read about 2 books a week. If they are small books, can read one in one day.

I do not know if there is a thread for this already.

I was just wondering how many books you read a week, it depends on the size of the book, if it has 400- 500 pages, then I read about 2 books a week. If they are small books, can read one in one day.

I'm pretty similar to you in that respect. It's all according how much I have to do during the day and how sleepless I am at night. :)