Ahem.

Hyzenthlay

Hey!

I joined your forum 'cause I love books.

All genres, really. Especially sci-fi. Least of all crime.

I'm 23 years old, and Norwegian. I study medicine in Cracow, Poland. When I was young I used to read so much that I would read while I walked, often resulting in embarrassing accidents. I was the first in my class to get glasses, and wore them with pride. I have contacts now, but I like to think I wear those with pride, too. I don't read as much fiction as I'd like to anymore, which is why I'm here.. to look for recommendations and passion about literature. I would hate to become one of those people who only read scientific journals and the news.

Not that there's anything wrong with scientific journals.

Questions? I love questions. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Coincidentally I've been just talking about a Norwegian movie, Elling, with another fellow BCF member, have you seen the movie? I loved it and I've even read the first two books in the Elling series, they're hilarious :)

I hope you enjoy the forum! :)

Hey, welcome to the forum, I'm slightly New myself but starting to settle in.

I have a question, could you tell us some of the embarrassing accidents? I'd love to know, but if they are too embarrassing then not to worry.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to BCF, Hyzenthlay! :D

Where abouts in Norway are you from? When you do get a chance to read fiction, what genres do you like? You'll get tons of recommendations here - it's what we do best :D.

I'm from a fairly small town close to Oslo, which is south-eastern-ish :) And I love science fiction! (although I have to stress not exclusively) My favourite science fiction writer at the moment is Iain M. Banks, and I'm actually currently reading his Surface Detail.

Hey, welcome to the forum, I'm slightly New myself but starting to settle in.

I have a question, could you tell us some of the embarrassing accidents? I'd love to know, but if they are too embarrassing then not to worry.

Where to begin.. Keep in mind, I was quite little so I didn't think there would be a problem with reading and walking in public. Now, of course, I realise how weird I must have seemed. I once tripped in public in front of my older sister and all her friends... One time I almost walked into a road (that would have been embarrassing AND tragic) and a random stranger had to stop me. But the worst, I think, was when I was reading Narnia on my way home from school. A few boys from class were walking behind me, and I was so engrossed that I forgot to stop at my house and only looked up, very confused, a couple hundred meters down the road. Oh, childhood memories.

I'm from a fairly small town close to Oslo, which is south-eastern-ish :) And I love science fiction! (although I have to stress not exclusively) My favourite science fiction writer at the moment is Iain M. Banks, and I'm actually currently reading his Surface Detail.

I have family near Oslo, Hyzenthlay, and would love to visit one day! I must admit I haven't read a huge amount of sci-fi, unless you count paranormal stuff or Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. I do like what I've read though :D.