Any good gripping thrillers?

Hi I'm new to this forum so I hope I've done this right.

I'm looking for my next book to read but want a really good, edge of your seat, gripping thriller.

I recently read Die for me by karen rose which I loved but did try another one of hers and found it too samey! I started Tess Gerritsen the Surgeon last night but wasnt too keen on the way it was written which is a shame as the blurb sounds exactly like the sort of book I am after. Should I give it another go or leave it?

So if anyone has some reccommendations that would be brill. :D

Thanks

Hi Gemmah, welcome to the BCF, I love Tess Gerritssen but have to say her best are the Rizzoli and Isles series, but if you are after thrilers try Lee Child, John Connolly or Jo Nesbo these are all ones I love.

Brilliant thank you! Any particular titles by those authors to start off with?

I'm sure Pickle will have plenty of suggestions, but with Jo Nesbo they are definitely better read in order:

The Redbreast

Nemesis

The Devil's Star

The Redeemer

The Snowman

The Leopard

With Lee Child I don't think it matters so much, but if you want to start with one of the better ones try 'Killing Floor', 'The Enemy' or 'Die Trying'.

:)

Brilliant thank you! Any particular titles by those authors to start off with?

With the Tess Gerritssen even if you didn't enjoy it The Surgeon is the first one in the series but they do get much better as the series goes on, try and stick with them if you can :D

As Karsa has said the Jo Nesbo's are brilliant starting with The Redbreast, again take his recommendations with Lee Child they are all very similar but those are defintely the best and can be read as stand alone. For John Connolly I would go back to the beggining of the series with Charlie Parker again, although not strictly speaking Police detective series Charlie Parker is a PI the mysteries tend to be a lot darker with supernatural aspects but don't let that put you off they are still in essence murder mysteries, the first one in this series is Every Dead Thing.

I will try and think of some more and scour my bookshelves I have read so many thrillers, do you like straighforward crime ones or with a bit of romance or not bothered?

happy reading

Nelson DeMille has written some gripping stuff, and I have particularly enjoyed his John Corey series of books.

Jeffrey Deaver is a great twisty turny writer. His stand alone novels are great, and I can always recommend his Lyncoln Rhyme series.

Karin Slaughter has a good line in gripping, starting with her Grant County series, 'Blindsighted'

Jeffrey Deaver is a great twisty turny writer. His stand alone novels are great, and I can always recommend his Lyncoln Rhyme series.

Karin Slaughter has a good line in gripping, starting with her Grant County series, 'Blindsighted'

Here here! I'd definitely go with these recommendations :)

And also, Linwood Barclay's Too Close to Home is a really gripping page turner.

thanks guys.

I've decided to continue with The Surgeon as I have it already and she how I go(it has picked up already). I have put the others on my to read list and definately give it a go.

My mom is currently reading The Redbreast and is going to pass that onto me once she has finished so that maybe next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...