Kasei

In Memory of Brian Jacques

The prolific creator of the famous Redwall series passed on February 5th, 2011. I don't know about the rest of you but I am saddened by this news--I grew up reading those books and love the world he created with the Redwall series. My favorite were the first three, but I think I need to go back and re-read it, or at least finish reading the last 4 or 5 that I never got to as a youth. I remember looking forward to each new book and am sad that current generations will no longer have that pleasure.

Anyone else here have fond memories? What was your favorite book in the series? Or your child's favorite?

I love the Redwall series, they're an enjoyable read. I like the fact that the characters are animals and the books might be inconsistent in plot in some places, but the good character development and the enticing descriptions make up for it. Just wish that the t.v series would have been a little more accurate to the series.

Wow I can't believe that he is dead...I think that I read most of the Redwall books growing up.