Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started reading the book I received from LibraryThing: Look at Flower by Robert Dunn. I had a dream last night that it was a terrible book and made into an even worse movie. Compared to that dream, the book can only be good.

This morning I started reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.

ETA: Oh, and my decision to dump The Group wasn't necessarily a wise one. When I left the book at home this morning, I left my train ticket inside it and had to go back and get it, which made me miss my train. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kylie

^ Oh man such bad luck :(

I started and finished Pigeon by Patrick Süskind yesterday (it's a very short read), haven't decided what to read next. Don't know if I shall go for one of the books I've bought during my stay with BF, or if I should wait til I get home tonight to be able to choose from all of my books.

Edited by frankie

Received in the mail today:

Cakes and Ale and The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham :D

Still reading Centuries of June by Keith Donohue and it is still excellent. :readingtwo:

Edited by Pixie

I started We Need to Talk About Kevin

Be interested to hear what you think of this one, I personally loved it :)

Finished Sam Hayes' Someone Else's Son yesterday, another fab read from her. So far I've enjoyed all of her books and like Linda Gillard she has yet to disappoint.

Starting Never Trust Anyone by Keira O'Brady tonight.

I've had Night Train to Lisbon on my stack for a couple of years. I was really keen to start it when it arrived, but I kept getting sidetracked. All these dratted new books keep coming out...distracting me... :)

Glad I'm not the only one with that problem! :blush:

Just another 40 ish pages left of A Tenderness of Wolves, will hopefully finish it tonight, can't wait to see how it ends, then will need to decide what to read next!

What did you think of The Tenderness of Wolves? I read it last year and for some reason was really surprised how much I enjoyed it. :)

I've just finished 'lost light' by Michael Connelly and loved the surprise at the end. Was not expected.

Next I'm going to read 'Game of Thrones' which will be the first book I'll be reading that isn't Crime/Thriller. Felt like a change and this looks good.

Is it your first time? I wish I was reading Harry Potter for the first time again

Yes, my first time through the series. I'm not reading them back to back; I need to take a break between them or I'll get Harry Potter-ed out. :giggle: I'm really enjoying them, and I don't know at all where the story is going (or how the series ends), so it's all a surprise. :boogie:

I'm reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I'm loving it so far and also kicking myself that I didn't start reading classics years ago.

Northanger Abbey is brilliant, I'm glad to hear your liking it :smile2: And don't be too hard on yourself, just think how many amazing reads you have ahead of you!

I received I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett in the mail yesterday. :)

I haven't done much reading yet this weekend, but there's still plenty of time! I may have ordered a couple more books online. blush.gif

I bought my 12 yr old son The Maze Runner after I read that those who enjoyed The Hunger Games would enjoy that too, but he wasn't that enamoured, so I haven't tried it yet, how do you think they compared?

I finished reading The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman and have started to read The Hobbit for the first time! :blush:

Ooooo! Yay!!! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Such a great book. I am sooo excited about the film!

I've not read much in over a month now, just had no mojo at all.

Started back the other day with Anna McPartlin's The Truth Will Out and the first book in the A Song Of Ice And Fire series, after becoming utterly obsessed with the tv adaptation of A Game Of Thrones.

You love the TV show So do I! I read the books but I am determined to fit in the time to read read at some point. Sean Bean is fab!

I've just finished 'lost light' by Michael Connelly and loved the surprise at the end. Was not expected.

Next I'm going to read 'Game of Thrones' which will be the first book I'll be reading that isn't Crime/Thriller. Felt like a change and this looks good.

yay another! I love TV shows that get people reading. Did you hear of the books before the series?

As for me, I got a £20 waterstones card for my Birthday which I am contemplating getting a lovely array of books. One I am definately getting is the book Kell's Legend int eh Clockwork Vampire Chronicles. I picked up the third in the series from the library and I am dying to read it yet they don't have the first in the series.

While at the library I looked at the Happy father's day shelf. and pcked up that book and The Zombie Autopsies. This looks fab. It is a private notebook of a medical pionerr and zombie expert Dr Stanely Blum. Who has made notes and drawings and recorded forensic notes. On autopsys of Zombies! The pictures/ sketches look great. It's gonna be a quick read but looking forward to it.

Also picked up The end of Mr Y by scarlett Thomas

and Joe Abercrombie - The blade itself. I loved reading the book but didnt have time to finish it before it was due back so I found it on the shelf and grabbed it again.

Also went to the village fair today and picked the following.

Drood - Dan Simmons

The redbreast - Jo Nesbo

The Monster BLood Tattoo - D.M. cornish

3 for a Pound. can't complain.

I am over 150 pages in on the book. Bone Song.The first fifty were a hard long slog and after the rave reviews I didn't think it was going to live up to anything. I just couldn't image the world that it was set in. But now I am engrossed and reading quickly.

It's fantastic - as good as the tv adaptation is (and it is terrific), the book is much better :D

I re-read and reviewed it not long ago here :)

I'm having quite a book related day! I've nearly finished The Hobbit, only have a little section left, and I'm trying to savour it a little bit! Why havent I read this before!

I've also found out one of my reading challenges has more books than I thought so I'm having a little sort out of that.

Oh, and I'm going to have a little look online to see what I can buy soon too :)

I bought my 12 yr old son The Maze Runner after I read that those who enjoyed The Hunger Games would enjoy that too, but he wasn't that enamoured, so I haven't tried it yet, how do you think they compared?

I haven't actually read Maze Runner yet. blush.gif I have a tendency to buy whole series without reading the first one. I'm pretty sure I'll like it though.

I finished Bone & Cane by David Belbin last night, a good quick read.

I've now started The Help by Kathryn Stockett I've heard such good things about this book on here that I had to find out for myself. :)