Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading the other hand by Chris Cleave and I'm enjoying it.

I've read that one Laura...be interesting to see what you think when finished.

I was ever so good today, hubby and I browsed in Waterstone's today for about 45 mins. He had a lot of money to spend on books thanks to gift card he got when he left his last job and bought heaps. I came out with nothing :cool: , could have bought 3-4 but I resisted :lurker:

Ah no Pixie don't lose your mojo with it :) you have to go back to it trust me it gets real good.

Don't worry, Knox. I'm not giving up on it. I'm just not in the mindset for this type of story at the moment.

I was ever so good today, hubby and I browsed in Waterstone's today for about 45 mins. He had a lot of money to spend on books thanks to gift card he got when he left his last job and bought heaps. I came out with nothing :cool: , could have bought 3-4 but I resisted :lurker:

Didn't he offer to buy you anything??? Time to trade him in for a new model, Diane ...

I started reading Anastasia Again by Lois Lowry yesterday and I've managed only a few pages of The Group today. I wish I could get this finished already, but I only seem capable of reading a few pages at a time before I get sleepy again. :(

I'm just about to get lost in Water for Elephants.

:clapping: Yay, Mexicola! Such a great book.

I'm a little over halfway through A Discovery of Witches and hope to get a big chunk read tonight and tomorrow. I can't get enough! :D

Didn't he offer to buy you anything??? Time to trade him in for a new model, Diane ...

He managed to spend all the money on his card and more, but had a feeling he has another card at home to use too. He bought the first two book in the 'Game of Thrones' series, and offer to add a 3 for 2 option so I could pick a book, but then remember about the other card. Might still get a book next time we browse....like we need more books in our house!

I'm a little over halfway through A Discovery of Witches and hope to get a big chunk read tonight and tomorrow. I can't get enough! :D

I looked at this yesterday and it did look intriguing, not quite sure if it my kind of read though, but is seems lots of you are enjoying it.

I am still reading ' People of the Book' and 'Breaking Dawn' (which I have to say I am getting frustrated with, bit like the last one......just get on with it!)

Started Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden this morning. A story of two Canadian Indians fighting in the WW1 trenches. Very good.

I am currently reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Very good so far.

Have you already got the next one in the series JB? If you are anything like me, you'll want to start it as soon as you finish this one! :lol: A very readable series.

My mojo is still away, despite the tempting of it will some Terry Pratchett, so I have tugged 'The Graveyard Book' by Neil Gaiman off the shelf for a re read ready for the next Reading Circle read that starts this week. Love this book, so it should be just what the book doctor ordered. :P

Woohoo! I finally finished a book today. Admittedly it was the very short Anastasia Again! by Lois Lowry, but still...

What's your point? It's a top notch novel!! :cool: Hehe!

I started reading The Winter Queen by Boris Akunin last night. Pretty good so far, I like the style of writing and the story should be great too.

Does 'Book Activity' include reading Frankie's wishlist in her swap thread? :o:giggle2:

Yes it does! Although it shouldn't since the list of books I'm offering for swapping is totally pathetic at the moment. I better get cracking and read me some English novels! :cool:

Just finished Mr Vertigo by Paul Auster and started The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Oooh The Bluest Eye, I can't wait to see how you like it.

I just finished The Beach and started Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

How did you like The Beach?