Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Barry Miles' London Calling tonight. A thoroughly enjoyable read if you're interested in "counter-culture" and/or London. He's especially good on the 60s, where he was an active participant in the development of the "alternative" magazine IT. In fact, those chapters, covering hippies, communes and squats, and "happenings", are entertaining and often hilarious (although I don't think they're meant to be!). I know my good friend Kylie has a particular interest in the Beatles, and this is a book I think she'd enjoy, for sure.

Finished Barry Miles' London Calling tonight. A thoroughly enjoyable read if you're interested in "counter-culture" and/or London. He's especially good on the 60s, where he was an active participant in the development of the "alternative" magazine IT. In fact, those chapters, covering hippies, communes and squats, and "happenings", are entertaining and often hilarious (although I don't think they're meant to be!). I know my good friend Kylie has a particular interest in the Beatles, and this is a book I think she'd enjoy, for sure.

Thanks for the recommendation, Roland (and for calling me your good friend :blush: ).

Charm and Pixie, my mojo has also up and left. Group hug. :friends0: :friends0:

I'm sorry for your wandering mojos, you guys! :friends0:

I still have mine, but if I'm not having trouble find the time to sit down and read, when I do my attention span seems to be next to nothing since I keep thinking of other things I have going on in my head! It's annoying. I'm hoping I can empty my brain this weekend and think of only the book I'm reading, at least for longer periods of time!

Speaking of, here I am online and not in front of an open book! Now I've decided to start a website so I've been working on that tonight :blush:. Oops!

So I noticed, Lopeanha! Thanks for adding me as a friend. :)

I bought a few books tonight; details on my reading blog. wink.gif

I'm still plodding extremely slowly through The Group and Sourcery. I wish my life would quiet a bit so I could read more!

finally finished off In The Country of Last Things by Paul Auster and also finished The Tale of the Unknown Island by Jose Saramago.....now back to In Cold Blood by Truman Capote which I only got halfway thru before putting aside for awhile

Oh no! Yours gone too? Hope they both return quick smart :hug:

Thanks for the recommendation, Roland (and for calling me your good friend :blush: ).

Charm and Pixie, my mojo has also up and left. Group hug. :friends0: :friends0:

Thanks, Charm and Kylie. :friends0: :friends0:

My mojo is still gone. Too many other things on my mind.

I've decided to start The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbary, mainly because I'm feeling a bit Gallic this afternoon. I seem to recall a few Forum members have already read it.

I've read that and thought it was excellent. :D

I just received The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough in the mail today.

I started The Jewel Box by Anna Davis today, and I like it a lot so far.

finally finished off In The Country of Last Things by Paul Auster and also finished The Tale of the Unknown Island by Jose Saramago.....now back to In Cold Blood by Truman Capote which I only got halfway thru before putting aside for awhile

Did you enjoy The Tale of the Unknown Island? Saramago was an incredible writer - have you read any of his others?

I'm really into The Camel Club now...really loving it, and I've sent off for the second book already so I can get started on that straight after.

Wait until you get to the third book. That is my favorite one of The Camel Club.

I started The Jewel Box by Anna Davis today, and I like it a lot so far.

Did you enjoy The Tale of the Unknown Island? Saramago was an incredible writer - have you read any of his others?

I loved it...it's a gem of a little book...he happens to be my fave author :D I have read Blindness, Seeing, All The Names, Death At Intervals, and The Double...so far :) (I feel like I am forgetting one! )

I loved it...it's a gem of a little book...he happens to be my fave author :D I have read Blindness, Seeing, All The Names, Death At Intervals, and The Double...so far :) (I feel like I am forgetting one! )

Excellent! You must read The Stone Raft, it's my favourite of the books I've read of his.

I read Dark of Night - Suzanne Brockmann it wasn't terrible but it was really wromg to put it in the crime section of the library rather than the romance section, still it was entertaining.