Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I gave up on 36 arguements, because my head hurt from reading it so I returned it to the library and came out with 5 other books! oops!

anyway I decided to read Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky, which looks interesting and informative, as I do enjoy non fiction, and it might be useful for my job :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one chapter left in A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I will definitely be reading the entire series.

Next one to read is The Passage by Justin Cronin. :D

Last night I bought The Eerie Silence: Are We Alone in the Universe? by Paul Davies. This is going back to a childhood passion of mine, but in a more scientific way.

I have one chapter left in A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I will definitely be reading the entire series.

Next one to read is The Passage by Justin Cronin. :D

I read 'The Passage' at the beginning of the year and thought it was a brilliant book. Beware though some parts of the book drag a little but then the pace picks up and bang something else hits you. The downside is waiting around for part 2 now which isn't out til 2012 :( Let me know what you think of the book when you get started.

I'm still reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J K Rowling which I've been reading since Sunday. I was hoping to have finished it by now but my reading has really slowed down this week, mainly due to work so I'm going to try and play catch up this weekend.

I'm sort-of reading 'Resistance' by Gemma Malley, the sequel to 'The Declaration', but I am suffereing from a wobbly mojo, so it's been a page here and a page there. :irked:

I ordered an audio book cd of Salman Rushdie's 'Midnight's Children' yesterday. Having enjoyed listening to the BBC dramatisation of 'His Dark Materials' trilogy when attempting to tackle the jungle I call a garden, I was pondering what books I would like to have read to me during the many hours I have yet to spend getting the garden in shape. This unabridged version fits the bill. I love this book, and the narrator is Lyndam Gregory who I think has the perfect voice to read this fabulous story. My fingers are crossed! :D

I finished Gump & Co. last night in bed and started reading The Blackwater Lightship by Colm Tóibín.

Wasn't 'Gump&Co' funny? I once ordered it. Great read, very relaxing and perhaps not suitable read somewhere outside or sitting on your balcony, any place where other people are around, because it's so funny, you are in danger of laughing or giggling and then people wonder what's going on. :giggle2:

I finished The sweetness at the bottom of the pie yesterday and started Room by Emma Donoghue this morning.

That brings back nice memories, I enjoyed 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' so much, that when it was finished, I wished had more of the same stuff to read.

I haven't been reading much lately, because I've been watching movies and busy packing to move to a lovelier home in a lovelier environment (a place where many people usually travel to finally enjoy some sightseeing and breath clean air and we'll be living right there! :D ). I finally finished one book by Marquez and today or tomorrow I'll be reading 'I am Legend' by Matheson. I had seen the movie adds, not watched the movie yet though, and was surprised to find a book in the library of that movie, I had no idea it was actually a book.

Wasn't 'Gump&Co' funny? I once ordered it. Great read, very relaxing and perhaps not suitable read somewhere outside or sitting on your balcony, any place where other people are around, because it's so funny, you are in danger of laughing or giggling and then people wonder what's going on. :giggle2:

It was a decent laugh yes, if not quite up to par with the first novel, Forest Gump :)

It was a decent laugh yes, if not quite up to par with the first novel, Forest Gump :)

True, that was funny too and equally dangerous of finding yourself laughing and giggling in front of other people. :D

I read 'The Passage' at the beginning of the year and thought it was a brilliant book. Beware though some parts of the book drag a little but then the pace picks up and bang something else hits you. The downside is waiting around for part 2 now which isn't out til 2012 :( Let me know what you think of the book when you get started.

I just started it and so far I'm hooked. I know this has been compared to The Stand by Stephen King, which I didn't think that highly of, but so far this seems much more to my liking. I've heard that it drags in some spots, which can be common in such thick novels, but it shouldn't deter me. :wink:

Received The Five by Robert McCammon in the mail today.

I'm really enjoying 'The Infernal Devices~Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare :)

^Still the same :)

Absolutely. A fitting end to an exceptional trilogy :)

I thought so too, I love when a series has a decent and well thought out ending. :)

I have just finished reading Pride and Premiership by Michelle Gayle. I was sent it as a review book. It was OK. It is the dairy of a 17 yr old wannabe WAG. I would give it 3 out of 5 - easy and quick read. Predictable storyline but overall it was an entertaining read