Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost finished 'City of Fallen Angels' (Mortal Instruments~Book 4) by Cassandra Clare :)

Reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Last couple of weeks I read Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll and Trading Up by Candace Bushnell. Anyway not reading a lot since I found the wonderful world of knitting! :rolleyes:

I've just started Skeleton Hill by Peter Lovesey. I've never read his books before but he is coming to talk at our local Library on Wednesday evening so I thought I would go a bit prepared! He seems to be quite popular according to Amazon reviews. I'll report back on his talk.

Edited by SueK

I'm almost finished 'City of Fallen Angels' (Mortal Instruments~Book 4) by Cassandra Clare :)

Cliffhanger Alert!!! :sos: Be prepared :giggle2:

I finished One Scream Away by Katy Brady and moved on to Last To Die by the same author :)

I finished Jd Robb 'glory in death' today which is book 2 in the series. Had a nice twist at end. Now going to start the Kinsey Malone series by Sue Grafton beginning with A is for alibi. Anyone else read this series?

Finished Real Murders by Charlaine Harris. Not bad. Definitely not one of her better series'.

Now I'm starting The Postmistress by Sarah Blake.

Yesterday I went to a second had shop and picked up:

Lost in a Good Book and The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde

Cool Water by Dianne Warren

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

Had a lovely birthday today (the big 4..0! :o )and celebrated with just a short visit to Waterstones. I picked up -

The secret life of bees - Sue Monk Kidd

At home with the Templetons - Monica McInerney

Matterhorn - Karl Marlantes

My youngest boy (age 6) bought me a book when out with his Nanny, he chose The tenderness of wolves by Stef Penney, he chose it because of the wolves on the front (I love Wolves) and little did he know it was on my amazon wish list!

Oh and forgot to say have now passed the halfway point of A Discovery Of Witches, lurving it!!!!!!

Edited by chaliepud

Getting near the end of A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. :D

Purchased today:

Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

I have just spent two glorious hours gardening while listening to a BBC dramatisation of Phiilip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy. I finished the second half of 'Northern lights', and am part of the way through ' The Subtle Knife'. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but aside from laughing at the thick Yorkshire accent of alleged Bear King Iofur Raknison I am really enjoying it.

There have been slight 'adjustments' here and there, but having read the books (once or twice) I am aware of them, but additionally aware that the changes don't change the story but hasten it in parts.

I started Alan Bradley > The sweetness at the bottom of the pie this weekend.

Wonderful book, lopeanha! :D I enjoyed it so much and look forward to hearing what you think about it.

It's 5:20am here at the moment so I haven't read yet today, but I got quite a big chunk in last night before bed and will continue after work tonight. Oh, that would be A Discovery of Witches that I'm reading right now :).

I have just spent two glorious hours gardening while listening to a BBC dramatisation of Phiilip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy. I finished the second half of 'Northern lights', and am part of the way through ' The Subtle Knife'. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but aside from laughing at the thick Yorkshire accent of alleged Bear King Iofur Raknison I am really enjoying it.

There have been slight 'adjustments' here and there, but having read the books (once or twice) I am aware of them, but additionally aware that the changes don't change the story but hasten it in parts.

I love the version I have it on CD and have listened to it loads of times, I love Lee Scorseby in it and Hester, so so sad.

I finished Mehmet Murat Somer- The Prophet Murders, very different in that the main protagonist is a transvestite but really really funny although the crimes are quite brutal and its very bitchy.

Also started Hakan Nessers The Minds Eye which is OK not my favourite series but its getting there.

I have been listening to a lot of dramatisations on BBCxtra as well some really good ones at the moment including Alan Walkers Alpha and Omega about the existence of god and conciousness of the machine, as well as John Wyndhams - the trouble with lichen and Ken Follets's The destruction Factor.