Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I hope you're feeling better now, Chesilbeach. :friends0:

I have a feeling The Group will be slow going for me, even though I'm enjoying the few pages I've read. I probably say this every Friday, but I'm going to try to knuckle down and get a good bit of reading in this weekend.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew! :thud: I'm so pleased to hear this. I'm always worried that someone who goes and buys a book I recommend, ends up not liking it. Really glad you're loving it! :D

I am Charm :D. Even though I've not read a whole lot of it yet, I know I can't wait to see what else it has in store for me! And Matthew, wow! :wub:

Started The Group on Monday and read the first two and a half chapters, but had a headache on Tuesday and Wednesday, and couldn't read screens or pages, so have been absent from here and my Kindle for a few days. First time back on my computer now, and may try and read a bit later on, but taking it steady for now.

Aw sorry to hear this, it'snot like you :empathy: Hope you're back on top form soon :hug:

Read seven chapters so far of A Discovery of Witches and it is a a page turner. :D

Yesss! :yahoo: Another fan!

I am Charm :D. Even though I've not read a whole lot of it yet, I know I can't wait to see what else it has in store for me! And Matthew, wow! :wub:

He is such a dish isn't he? I'm still in love *sigh*

Yesss! :yahoo: Another fan!

Yes, as of right now, I am pretty sure I am putting Deborah Harkness down on my list of authors to purchase in the future. Yes, I have a list. No, don't ask me how long it is. :blush:

Anyway, today I purchased for my Kindle:

Doc by Mary Doria Russell

Mort by Terry Pratchett

Well, actually, I used to a $20 amazon gift card my sister sent me for my birthday, which is today. :D

Edited by Pixie

Happy Birthday Pixie! :D

I've started reading Sourcery by Terry Pratchett alongside The Group. I started reading an ebook version on my computer and was planning to continue with my hard copy but I can't seem to find it. :(

Happy Birthday Pixie :)

I have not had the time to read with decorating the house and all but I am halfway through 'City of Glass' by Cassandra Clare :)

Today I received The Report from Amazon Vine to review - it's a fictional account of the Bethnal Green tube disaster during the War - and I downloaded Agatha Christie's The Thirteen Problems.

I've just finished The Small Hand by Susan Hill and loved it. Short, concise and straight to the point - that's what I love about her ghost stories. Thoroughly recommend it.

Thanks Kylie and Charm, I'm back on top of things now! Have read some more of The Group today, which I'm enjoying, and it's interesting to read such a progressive book for the times - lots of things to discuss with my fellow Rory readers by the time I've finished, I'm sure!

Just finished today Lesley Pearse 'Georgia', absolutely brilliant, now I have started Lesley Pearse 'Rosie'

Bought 3 Lesley Pearse books from WH Smith, as at the moment they are doing books 3 for the price of 2

I finished Sister the other day and now I'm ploughing through Sam Hayes' Someone Else's Son - I love my mojo (if I keep saying it then it might just stick around for a while lol).

Happy Birthday Pixie! :D

I've started reading Sourcery by Terry Pratchett alongside The Group. I started reading an ebook version on my computer and was planning to continue with my hard copy but I can't seem to find it. :(

Happy Birthday Pixie :)

Thank you, Kylie and Weave. :)

I hope you find your book, Kylie.

Happy Birthday Pixie!

I have read another few chapters of 36 Arguements for the Existence for God: A Work of Fiction which is interesting so far, but I can only read it in short burst as my brain hurts if I read it for too long!

Also I have started reading a Abnormal Psychology textbook that I shamelessly stole from my other half's house, just because I want to study psychology soon, I thought getting a bit of background reading in would be worth my while!

Man my brain hurts now :(

I finished Sister the other day and now I'm ploughing through Sam Hayes' Someone Else's Son - I love my mojo (if I keep saying it then it might just stick around for a while lol).

Did you like Sister

Thanks Kylie and Charm, I'm back on top of things now! Have read some more of The Group today, which I'm enjoying, and it's interesting to read such a progressive book for the times - lots of things to discuss with my fellow Rory readers by the time I've finished, I'm sure!

I agree! It's very progressive and I can't wait to discuss it too. :)

I hope you find your book, Kylie.

I did, thank you! :D I spent a bit of time cleaning my library this morning and found it under a pile of stuff. My library now looks nice and neat so I took the opportunity to take some new photos.

Hi Kylie, thanks for your good wishes. How are the Panthers doing?*

Polished off William Boyd's Restless last night. It's not a bad book - the main plot (daughter finds out her mother was a wartime spy, and the past comes back to haunt her) is well worked out, although the side plot about the daughter doesn't really play out, in my view. But a decent read, for all that. Now, what next?

* I know the answer to that, by the way :lol:

Edited by Roland Butter

Hi Kylie, thanks for your good wishes. How are the Panthers doing?*

* I know the answer to that, by the way :lol:

Then you will know that my answer to you is tongue.gif

Surprisingly, we beat Brisbane last night. Thrashed them in fact! :)

ok, I have a confession to make, I may have been into town this morning and I may have been to the bookshop :P

I brought 12 books, which I'm going to list over in my reading thread in a minute, but I'm very pleased with myself having only spend £20!!! :D :D :D

also when I got home I had

The Group - Mary McCarthy and The Graveyard Book Neil Gaiman waiting for me :D

so I have 14 new books to play with today :D :D :D

Lauraloves, excellent news about The Group!! And happy to hear you have next month's reading circle book now as well. Can't wait to see which books you bought today :smile2:

Its been a very good book day for me so far :D

I'm now heading across to my reading thread to do a post on all the books now too :D

Am just wondering if I could get away with taking a book to work and reading instead of doing my actual work next week :P I have so much I want to read!

I finished a re-read of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J K Rowling this morning and have made a start on Jane Costello's new one, Girl on the Run.

I managed to get a few books from the library on Thursday

Last Wish - Andrzej Sapkowski

Minds Eye - Hakan Nesser

Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovitch

One for the Money - Janet Evanonvitch

The Drowing City - Amanda Downum

Prophet Murders - Mehmet Murat Somer

a bit of a wierd disjointed list but needs must when I am avoiding spending money :D