Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Off to a mega huge book sale at local church....run for Christian Aid.....have my wishlist with me, you never know what you might pick up. It is on all week, friend should be here soon to pick me up. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Inver. Let's know what you manage to get hold of.

I finished The German Boy and will now read The Small Hand as it needs to go back to the library (but it's only 167 pages long).

Edited by SueK

Sounds good Inver. Let's know what you manage to get hold of.

Books bought from the book sale. I could probably have bought more, but I think I may be back tomorrow night with the boys so they can have a rummage.

'When will there be good news' by Kate Atkinson (thought I had it on shelf but phew Idon't)

'The Return' by Victoria Hislop (was on my list)

Two thinish reads that took my fancy, never heard of them before though.

'Daughters of the House' by Michele Roberts

'The Spare Room' by Helen Garner

Just started William Boyd's Restless, which has been looking at me from the shelf for years (it seems like). I'm quite enjoying it so far - I've been promising myself I'd get round to one of his books some day.

Not been around BCF for a while, but I'll try and get a bit more involved again. I've just signed up to the BCF Facebook Group page, and I'll put a linky thingy to me (on the appropriate thread, so Michelle doesn't tell me off ....)

I just purchased A Discovery of Witches for my Kindle, and will start reading it very soon. :D

I haven't finished The Collected Stories of Vernor Vinge yet. Sometimes, I am not in the mood to read an entire book of short stories, so I read a few and will get back to it at another time.

Equal Rites was only his third Discworld book, but I think it was the one that really warmed me to the series (I found the first two though good, a little patchy in places. This held together better).

I'm glad I read Reaper Man first. After that one, I tried The Colour of Magic and couldn't even finish it. I decided to start with Equal Rites and omit the first two, as not everybody who loves the series seems to recommend those first ones. I will definitely continue with the series and Mort is next on my list.

CW my friend! How are you? I miss seeing you around here :(.

I read up to chapter 6 last night in A Discovery of Witches and am truly enjoying myself, and Matthew for that matter! :wub:

Hey PF! Awr! YOu missed me??? Missed you too!!!!

I have had no mojo and I get depressed if I go on here and it dissappears!

I'm plowing through The portable door! LOVING IT

Also finished my first BLog post and book review for The Devils plague. Can I put a link to it? Would like to hear people's opinions. As long as they don't point out all my spelling mistakes. Give me a message if you would like to look/ subscribe would be much appreciated>>>>>>>> DITCH THAT THE LINKY IS IN MY SIG.

Edited by catwoman

Not been around BCF for a while, but I'll try and get a bit more involved again. I've just signed up to the BCF Facebook Group page, and I'll put a linky thingy to me (on the appropriate thread, so Michelle doesn't tell me off ....)

Good to see you back, Roland! :)

Making my way through Bel Canto, and picked up The Poisonwood Bible today. :)

How's Bel Canto going?

I've nearly finished both Freakonomics and A Series of Unfortunate Events #2: The Reptile Room. Both are great. :)

Went shopping for jeans and clothes, but came back home with 4 books :blush: well at least they were secondhand. (I'll list them on my reading blog)

I'm going to spend a few hours reading The Group today, will hopefully manage to make a real dent in it.

Went shopping for jeans and clothes, but came back home with 4 books :blush: well at least they were secondhand. (I'll list them on my reading blog)

I'm going to spend a few hours reading The Group today, will hopefully manage to make a real dent in it.

Haha! Well, you haven't been buying many books lately, so it's only fair that you treat yourself. :)

I finished my two books today and have started reading The Group. I'm only on page 2. blush.gif

Haha! Well, you haven't been buying many books lately, so it's only fair that you treat yourself. :)

I finished my two books today and have started reading The Group. I'm only on page 2. blush.gif

I'd like to think that I had a right to treat myself, I've been rather good this year. And I couldn't have left the Hemingway biography there, that was a must buy at least.

Yay for starting The Group! :)

I read a chapter of Discovery of Witches last night and a few pages this morning whilst waiting for the coffee maker. Love it! :D

Phew! :thud: I'm so pleased to hear this. I'm always worried that someone who goes and buys a book I recommend, ends up not liking it. Really glad you're loving it! :D

I've only read a couple of chapters of One Scream Away by Katy Brady, it seems quite promising so far. Other book activity though, I did get 2 new covers and a light for my kindle, so it's cosily wrapped up and safe now. :)

Started The Group on Monday and read the first two and a half chapters, but had a headache on Tuesday and Wednesday, and couldn't read screens or pages, so have been absent from here and my Kindle for a few days. First time back on my computer now, and may try and read a bit later on, but taking it steady for now.

I've read loads of my Bruce Lee book at work today when I was on my lunch break and have about 30 pages left. David Baldacci's The Camel Club just arrived in the post today so I'm going to start that at the weekend. :)

I've read loads of my Bruce Lee book at work today when I was on my lunch break and have about 30 pages left. David Baldacci's The Camel Club just arrived in the post today so I'm going to start that at the weekend. :)

I hope you enjoy the Camel Club. I've read all of them and they are enjoyable.

I hope you enjoy the Camel Club. I've read all of them and they are enjoyable.

Thank you...I hope so too. I read the first page and it had me gripped straight away. I'm really looking forward to starting it. :)