Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief, don't drop it! What if you doze off?? :o Get yourself a kindle light off Amazon straight away woman! :wink:

:lol: Not worth it, Charm, I rarely read in bed because it just wakes me up and makes me want to keep reading and I'm still awake at 1:30am thinking, "if I read for just another 10 minutes, I can still have four hours sleep". I usually do Sudoku puzzles to send me to sleep!

(I didn't even know Bite Club was out, I take it it's just as good as the rest? :lol: )

It only came out this week. Just finished it. Very good, although perhaps if I gave all the others a 9/10, I'd give this one an 8/10, just because the character dynamics aren't the same - necessary for the plot though, but I still got caught up in the story.

Just downloaded:

The Collected Works of Alexandre Dumas

The Collected Works of E.M. Forster

The Collected Works of Jules Verne

These cheap collections of the classics for Kindle are awesome. They will also ensure that I never get through my TBR pile. :rolleyes:

I bought Hannah a book today, Crescendo but can't remember who by and as it was buy one get one half price I got Hothouse Flowers by Lucinda Riley because it would have been a waste not to :lol:

Following my weekly visit to The Works to see what random books I could find I came home with Julian Corkle is a Filthy Liar by D J Connell and Divine Justice by David Baldacci. I didn't realise at the time that Divine Justice is the 4th of a set of 5 books so I've just sent off for a second hand hardcover edition of the first book, The Camel Club for just £2.81 delivered...bargain! :)

These cheap collections of the classics for Kindle are awesome. They will also ensure that I never get through my TBR pile. :rolleyes:

:giggle:

I'm glad you're feeling better, Laura. :friends0:

I'm finally moving at a more decent pace through Freakonomics. I really love it; it's such an interesting book! I hope some of the information I've learnt actually sticks in my mind (I know the statistics won't, but the more general information surely will!) :D

I'm giving Agatha Raisin a rest now (great books) and will continue with The German Boy by Tricia Wastvedt. TBR is getting a tad high again though. :readingtwo:

I read the first chapter of Discovery of Witches last night and hope to read more tonight before I nod off :D.

How's it going? Or is it too early to tell yet?

Hopefully I'll finish Freakonomics tomorrow so I can move on to The Group for the Rory reading group. I'm also contemplating reading the next Lemony Snicket book. My TBR pile is perilously close to 1,000 and I need to get it down pronto!

Finally finished a book! Horray!!!!

Tomes of The Dead series. The Devil's plague by Mark Beynon

It was..Um...Ok. Thats all I can say about it really :(

Just started Tom Holt - the Portable Door.

I read the first chapter of Discovery of Witches last night and hope to read more tonight before I nod off :D.

I am exceited for you I loved it...now I just have to be patient and wait for the next one.

I finished Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs last night and started and finished Kelley Armstrongs - The Gathering ...again patience is required for the next in the series boo hoo

I just spent a relaxing hour in the garden finishing the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris. Sadly the further I get in this series the less thrilling I am finding the books, Eric is a shadow of his former self which is a crying shame, but I enjoyed it none the less, rather like catching up with old friends

Will start A Discovery of Witched tonight, I'm very excited!!

I just finished Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. It was decent, but not as good as the first I read by him, which was Reaper Man.

I will be starting on The Collected Stories of Vernor Vinge next. After that will be A Discovery of Witches. :D

Will start A Discovery of Witched tonight, I'm very excited!!

After that will be A Discovery of Witches. :D

Yay! I can't wait to see what you all think of it, still one of my favourite books this year :D

I finished You Belong To Me by Karen Rose last night and have started One Scream Away by Katy Brady :)

I just finished Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. It was decent, but not as good as the first I read by him, which was Reaper Man.

Equal Rites was only his third Discworld book, but I think it was the one that really warmed me to the series (I found the first two though good, a little patchy in places. This held together better).

I read another ten pages of The Portable Door. I forgot how much I chuckle when reading his books.

I also had a fantastic surprise I got my copy of The Languages of Tolkien's middle earth! I am soooo excited, and it was my early B day present to me! Looks fascinating.

CW my friend! How are you? I miss seeing you around here :(.

I read up to chapter 6 last night in A Discovery of Witches and am truly enjoying myself, and Matthew for that matter! :wub: