Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*happy sigh* I have read some of my book, I feel sanity creeping back in.

I forgot to say that I have been downloading a few more freebie books from Kindle ~ lots of books on mythology as well as a few classics. I have taken to clutching my kindle in the evenings as I watch tv. I have made a case for is from some funky multi shades of green velvety material. I made one side hard backed and one side padded. Yes, I am in love with my Kindle. :wub:

As far as I know there is no catch, and I have been downloading freely. I have at least 25 free books, and around 10 that I have paid (very little) for. :D I have been popping onto Amazon now and then to check out the freebies and low cost books, just in case some special offer kick in. I am happy with the way it works.

Thanks, bobbly. :)

I might have been tempted to buy if it was possible to read in the dark. I wonder why they didn't give the option of having a lit screen?!

I bought a book light, which is great - but no good for travelling as the on/off switch is at the bottom of the stalk bit, and if you try to take it away with you (like, put it in a suitcase/sponge bag) you find when you get to your destination that it's switched itself on on the journey and the battery has run out!

Finished Lud-in-the-Mist today. It's only taken me a few weeks... Really need to speed up the reading if I'm going to get it all done in time. Starting on Book One of the Arthur trilogy by Kevin Crossley-Holland now.

Between the second hand book store, Barnes & Noble, and the mailbox..... :)

Nell Gwyn, Mistress to a King by Charles Beauclerk

The Vertigo Years Europe, 1900-1914 by Philipp Blom

Churchill's Secret Agent by Max and Linda Ciampoli

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

The Diary by Eileen Goudge

The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng

61 Hours by Lee Child

Managed a few pages in A Morbid Taste for Bones.

I wonder why they didn't give the option of having a lit screen?!

Because it's meant to be like reading a book, I suppose. If it was backlit it wouldn't be so easy on the eye for any length of time. There's an answer about it from Amazon somewhere - I'll see if I can find it :)

Here you go: Amazon.com answer

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Because it's meant to be like reading a book, I suppose. If it was backlit it wouldn't be so easy on the eye for any length of time. There's an answer about it from Amazon somewhere - I'll see if I can find it :)

Here you go: Amazon.com answer

Thanks. :) I suppose I can understand their reasoning, but having one which you could switch on when reading in the dark would have been handy.

Pages away from finishing 'Shades of Grey' by Jasper Fforde :)

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this one. :)

I have been doing what we now call in my house, 'kindling'. That is, I have been scouring Amazon and snapping up a few of the freebie books. If a title or author takes my fancy, I nab 'em. :cool:

Aaaah! I am so excited! My friend's mom just gave me her complete collection of the Black Stallion series by Walter Farley --with the original cover art and everything! And they're in great condition. D: Holy wow. I want to read them but I'm also scared to touch them.

I managed a good haul of what look like interesting books from the library today as I was determined to avoid the bookshops in toen. I got

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County - Tiffany Baker

Darkmans - Nicola Barker

Wnite is for Witching - Helen Oyeyemi

You Can't Hide - Karen Rose ( I am determined to give her another go with this one)

Also stil reading Iron Council - China Mieville

Let you all know I have finished reading 'High Noon', I found it brilliant from the first page to the last page. Now I am reading Mills and Boon Jess's Promise, have so many Mills and Boon to read, thought I would read one of them now for a change. Next book ready to read is what I bought today Nora Roberts 'Sanctuary', and I also bought Blue Smoke.