Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Excellent! You must read The Stone Raft, it's my favourite of the books I've read of his.

I actually have that on my TBR shelf :D along with The Cave and Baltasar and Blimunda :) :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have that on my TBR shelf :D along with The Cave and Baltasar and Blimunda :) :)

Good news! I read it at least 16 years ago, but it still sticks with me. Very thought provoking (as are all his books), and I'm now thinking it's due a re-read :smile2: Hope you enjoy it.

Good news! I read it at least 16 years ago, but it still sticks with me. Very thought provoking (as are all his books), and I'm now thinking it's due a re-read :smile2: Hope you enjoy it.

I just realized I also have The History of the Siege of Lisbon :D :D

I'm halfway through 'The Resistance' by Gemma Malley :)

I'm not reading fast enough and its bugging me :(

My reading mojo has gone on holiday (again!), so I have decided to combine a planned re read with a mojo catching favourite series. 'I Shall Wear Midnight' is arriving here at tye beginning of June, so I plan on reading the earlier books in the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett before then. I love the series, and particularly adored 'Wintersmith', so I think this will sort out my a'wandering mojo. :D

Whats happening with all the mojo's mine is trying to leave me and nearly did at one point.

I have got stuck into The Eyre Affair at the moment haven't enjoyed a book so much for a long time but I was reading it last night and ended up reading the same page 3 times so I thought it was time for bed.

Finished Kane and Able by Jeffery Archer. That has to be the Surprise book of 2011, 2010 aaannd 2009!

I really did think I would hate this book and I really did enjoy it. I laughed, I cried, I groaned in frustration, and the type of book I would not even contemplate reading. Thats why I love Library book clus so much!

I gave it 4/5 stars. I haven't done a review yet.

next I go back to one of the Genres I love!!!! :b7ydance:

Bone Song by john Meaney. I bought the second in this series first in a charity shop so I grabbed this one from the library and I have had it beside my bed for a few weeks and had to re stamp it.

I hope my Mojo hasn't dissappeared as Kane and Abel really did bring it back in full swing, haven't had such a good reading mojo since Karin Slaughter, and that was last July.

I am reading another Lesley Pearse book 'Gypsy'

I remember reading Kane and Abel, some years ago, and thought it was a really good book, not normally my type read

I'm giving up on The Passage by Justin Cronin for now.

It's not that it's awful. I am just not in the mind-set for it at the moment.

I'm going to try The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen, as this book seems like it will fit my current state of mind.

Went to visit some secondhand bookshops, flea markets and a charityshop and came home with my backpack full of books. Made a few excellent finds, and am really pleased! :smile2: Will start cataloguing my books in a minute, it might take some time because am using BF's computer and it doesn't like me very much. Will hopefully have time to finish My Cousin Rachel today.

I'm giving up on The Passage by Justin Cronin for now.

It's not that it's awful. I am just not in the mind-set for it at the moment.

I'm going to try The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen, as this book seems like it will fit my current state of mind.

Okay, changed my mind. Still reading The Passage. :D

:friends0: for everyone who has lost their mojo :( I think mine is planning a holiday too, have hardly read a thing in the last two days!

In other bookish news I've been playing about with all the apps for books on my iphone, have been trying out some of the catologing ones!

Totally peed off as have no internet for the past couple of weeks so unable to post much on here. Am nearly finished ring by Koji Suzuki. Not massively spooky but a good read. Plan to start on She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb after this. Have a free night so plan to get stuck in as the tely is rubbish at the mo!

:friends0: for everyone who has lost their mojo :( I think mine is planning a holiday too, have hardly read a thing in the last two days!

In other bookish news I've been playing about with all the apps for books on my iphone, have been trying out some of the catologing ones!

Have you found any good apps?

I'm reading Sarah Dessen's This Lullaby. It isn't as good as her others but I'm enjoying it anyway

Okay, changed my mind. Still reading The Passage. :D

Okay, changed my mind again. I will not let my lost mojo win, though.

I will find the right book. I'm going to try Doc by Mary Doria Russell.

The Passage has now fast-forwarded to the future. I'm finding myself yawning as this section is not grabbing me like the first.

I found this as well. I was bit disappointed as I thought the most interesting part would have been a description of what happened in between. It does pick up a bit, but I still found something lacking with it. I see you have put it aside though. :giggle:

I received a book in the mail today: my long-awaited paperback copy of Bill Bryson's At Home. :D

Hope you enjoy At Home as much as I did. It was full of interesting little trivia.

Now I started The Beach by Alex Garland. My mojo is back on track :exc:

The Beach is a great book. I've read it a few times now; it's a lot better than the film.

Plan to start on She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb after this.

I loved this book. The main character really went through such a journey. Hope you enjoy it.

Okay, changed my mind again. I will not let my lost mojo win, though.

I will find the right book. I'm going to try Doc by Mary Doria Russell.

Ah no Pixie don't lose your mojo with it :) you have to go back to it trust me it gets real good.

I've just finished reading 'Immortal in death' JD Robb. Found the book predictable and a bit boring but stuck with it. Not sure if I'll bother to continue reading the series.

Now I'm gonna start on 'City of bones' Michael Connelly.