Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading two at the moment ... 'The Bell' by Iris Murdoch which was sent to me by lovely Frankie and has all her unique underlinings and notes in (and though I'm only on Chapter 4 I'm enjoying it so far) and 'Mad World' by Paula Byrne which is about the life of Evelyn Waugh.

Also listening to 'Money' by Martin Amis which is absolutely filthy .. I'm blushing as I type. My ears are permanently shocked.

I'm still reading Someone Else's Son by Sam Hayes.

Yesterday I was just sitting at my desk working away when a friend popped by and dropped two books off for me!!!! So now to go on Mt TBR I have The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse and The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran :)

Finished A Discovery Of Witches - really enjoyed it, may even think of writing a review, wonder how long till book 2 will be out, I would guess at least a year.

Tonight I will start A Tenderness Of Wolves by Steffens Penney.....

Made a haul of Janet Evanovitches books in the library today woo hoo I have something new to read.

I've had my eye on some of her stuff too, good haul! :friends3:

Over 100 pages into The Passage by Justin Cronin and I am so hooked. :readingtwo:

I'm still hmming and ahhing over this one, not sure if I'd like it. Glad you're enjoying it :D

Finished A Discovery Of Witches - really enjoyed it, may even think of writing a review, wonder how long till book 2 will be out, I would guess at least a year.

My favourite book this year! Shame we have to wait til 2012 for the next one :(

I've finished Last To Die by Katy Brady and am now 49% through Lover Unleashed by J R Ward which I downloaded to my kindle :)

I'm still hmming and ahhing over this one, not sure if I'd like it. Glad you're enjoying it :D

I wasn't too sure about this one, either. Often when a book gets a lot of hype, I will end up being disappointed. But so far, it's better than what I expected.

Plodding along with kane and Abel. It's going OK. I'm not hooked but I'm not hating it, and easy to read. I also joined Goodreads yesterday. I'm Catwomanthegeek. I thought maybe it would kickstart my reading as well as actively coming back on here more. I found a friend of mine was reading a book called. The End of Mr Y. It looks my kind of book and I have just reserved it at the library. I WILL KICK START MY MOJO!!!! :lurker:

Over 100 pages into The Passage by Justin Cronin and I am so hooked. :readingtwo:

Glad your enjoying it :) It really does grab you from the get go eh? I read on wikipedia they're making a movie now :)

I'm about half way through 'step on a crack' and am really enjoying it. It's gripped me from the start.

Started on A Game of Thrones audiobook.. So enjoyable.

Love the books! Because of the TV show I will be re-reading them. felt like I hven't read them in ages. I keep being surprised by things in the show Then remembering they did happen in the book :giggle:

Bah, I finished that book, but barely. The beginning especially was a little tough on me, not all that interesting. Shows you that people do have different opinions. ;)

Finished Dune today, LOVED it. Ordered the second in the series immediately, but delivery time can be till 7 working days (always with non-dutch books) so I started Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey. Just the right mix of fantasy and sci-fi. :)

Good stuff Pixie, its a great read :)

I just finished 'Clockwork Angel' (The Infernal Devices ~ Book One) by Cassandra Clare, one word ~ brilliant! :)

I have been bad this weekend and read 3 books which has meant staying in bed late, going to bed in the afternoon and reading to the early hours of the morning, basically I have halved my library books in one fell swoop, they were all Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum books, I found myself laughing out loud at one point and was then paranoid that my neighbours could hear me through the open window. Luckily I have a few to catch up on, although I do need to start thinking about saving something for my holiday next month.

Oh, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

18 pages in and enjoying the style, very descriptive. I have to enjoy this one as it was bought by my 6 year old son for my birthday, he bought it as it has wolves on the front, my favourite wild animal, so sweet of him :hug: