Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I was absolutely thrilled to read post this! :smile2: It was a real tear jerker wasn't it, and no weird angle tears but the real stuff :giggle2:

Hehe. I don't think Raven has noticed yet. ;)

My lovely boyfriend bought me The Graveyard Book- Neil Gaiman and leant me the next Septimus Heap book- Physik.

Even though I already have a load of young adult series to read, I'm curious about Septimus Heap. Any good?

As for Grave Surprise, I enjoyed it. Quick fun read :D I like this series as much as the Sookie Stackhouse series.

Started Reading The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.

Wow, that's great news!

Enjoy The Eyre Affair. It's the beginning of a great series. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Water for Elephants yesterday and went to see the movie tonight. I also started reading (where I left off before the semester started) Dead Until Dark - almost done with it. Not sure if I feel hooked on it though enough to get the next book. Perhaps thats because of the large gap between putting it down & picking it up.

My lovely boyfriend bought me The Graveyard Book- Neil Gaiman

That was nice of him! It's a lovely book, I hope you like it :)

I finished The Forest Of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan a couple of days ago, which turned out to be great, thanks Weave! :friends3: I've since started Kiss Of Life by Daniel Waters while I'm still in a zombie mood (never thought I'd ever say those words :huh: ).

I managed to pick up Yrsa Sigurdardottir Ashes to Dust for the bargain price of £1.50 in a charity shop yesterday :D

I just completed her first novel, Last Rituals. Very good I thought.

I just completed her first novel, Last Rituals. Very good I thought.

I did really like that one to shame I missed the 2nd but they are stand alone books. I did find some of the translation made it s little disjointed did you?

I've since started Kiss Of Life by Daniel Waters while I'm still in a zombie mood (never thought I'd ever say those words :huh: ).

:thud: I think I need my eyes tested - I'm reading this quote from CHARM????!!!!! :giggle2:

I finished The Death Defying Pepper Roux by Geraldine McCaughrean which I found slightly odd. Thinking I fancy something light and funny next, so going to try Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday next :smile2:

:thud: I think I need my eyes tested - I'm reading this quote from CHARM????!!!!! :giggle2:

Indeed you are :D All credit goes to Weave for encouraging me to read about them, I'm finding it much easier to. Still can't watch anything with them in it though .... baby steps, just baby steps :giggle2:

That was nice of him! It's a lovely book, I hope you like it :)

I finished The Forest Of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan a couple of days ago, which turned out to be great, thanks Weave! :friends3: I've since started Kiss Of Life by Daniel Waters while I'm still in a zombie mood (never thought I'd ever say those words :huh: ).

You are very welcome, I knew you would enjoy them, it helps knowing there are fences in the story, I packed up the second book today but I forgot to post it. :blush:

I am still reading 'City of Ashes' (Mortal Instruments~Book 2) by Clare Cassandra, its fab :) and I just ordered 'The Declaration' by Gemma Malley (Thank you chesil):)

Edited by Weave

Great news! I have this one on my TBR pile as well. Is it typical Bryson humour?

It is typical Bryson humour - very witty and entertaining. But even if it didn't have the humour, it would still make a great read. I'm getting towards the end now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

You are very welcome, I knew you would enjoy them, it helps knowing there are fences in the story, I packed up the second book today but I forgot to post it. :blush:

I am still reading 'City of Ashes' (Mortal Instruments~Book 2) by Clare Cassandra, its fab :) and I just ordered 'The Declaration' by Gemma Malley (Thank you chesil):)

So pleased you're enjoying CofA, too. Looking forward to your thoughts on City of Glass when you read it, it's my favourite :D

I did really like that one to shame I missed the 2nd but they are stand alone books. I did find some of the translation made it s little disjointed did you?

No it was fine for me but I noticed that the first and third books were translated by different people so that may explain it

I'm about halfway through Nanny Returns, and while I love the writing style of Nicola and Emma, I'm feeling a little too 'flluffed' out at the moment. I think I need to go back to serious, plot-driven books after this ;).

I bought a stack of books from a Borders closing-down sale today. :) The list is in my thread.

I read a bit more of Freakonomics as well.

I picked up some not very inspiring books from the library this lunchtime to tiode me over until my new books arrive from Amazon tommorow. I also finished Ashes to Dust by Yrsa Sigurdardottir last night.

My mojo seems to be on a go slow at the moment but I did pay a visit to the charity shop & bought :

Two Caravans Marina Lewycka

Island Aldous Huxley

Arthur & George Julian Barnes

Five Children & It E. Nesbit

Greetings from Holland :) I return to UK tomorrow. Mojo has been good but I've had lots to see and do so haven't read as much as normal. Managed to get through Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death on the Kindle and am starting the Small Hand by Susan Hill later on. My ferry read back tomorrow will be We all ran into the Sunlight by Natalie Young and I'll be back on line on Friday.

(PS love Holland but it has been a bit on the chilly side :blush: )

Read a few more pages of Dune, not much since I haven't had much time, will try to get in some more pages before 8.30 pm here.. because then Criminal Minds starts on telly and then no way I'll be reading for three hours (CM, then CM suspect behaviour, then again CM) and then it's bedtime. ;)

Started Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday today - light, fluffy, crime/romcom chicklit, but good fun, and I'm loving it so far. The perfect antidote to going back to work after a long weekend :smile2: (oh, and it's free on the Kindle store at the moment - limited time only I suspect)

Had a busy few days here as have my Mum visiting and my Nans birthday so determined to try and finish The Magicians Guild this evening. then I can start on Dead Reckoning, finish that in a couple of days so then I can make a start on A Discovery of Witches. Very excited to try it as it has come so highly recommended on here!