Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

OK, thread 13 had loads and loads of entries, so let me kick off Thread 14 with...

Currently reading 'Lost In A Good Book' by Jasper Fforde, and enjoying every second of it!

'Hitler's Canary' by Sandi Toksvig, 'The Woman In Black' by Susan Hill and 'Everything Is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer all arrived in the past couple of days. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thread 13 had loads and loads of entries, so let me kick off Thread 14 with...

Currently reading 'Lost In A Good Book' by Jasper Fforde, and enjoying every second of it!

'Hitler's Canary' by Sandi Toksvig, 'The Woman In Black' by Susan Hill and 'Everything Is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer all arrived in the past couple of days. :)

I'm thinking of having a Thursday next re-reading session before the next one comes out in a few weeks, Chrissy, and I've been thinking about it even more since I've seen you re-reading and enjoying them so much!

I think we may have been separated at birth - Hitler's Canary is on my wishlist, I loved The Woman In Black and I'm currently reading Everything Is Illuminated. :lol:

Edited by chesilbeach

The Screwtape Letters arrived today. I tried to "Look Inside" the illustrated version but couldn't find any images so I took a chance on it - and I'm so pleased I did - I really like it! :)

Screwtape1.jpg

Screwtape2.jpg

:D

Wow! I just added it to my wishlist :)

Ok, I've read You Can't Hide by Karen Rose and also Count To Ten by the same author, and have just finished Fade Out by Rachel Caine. Not sure what to read next ... :huh:

Wow Charm, check out your reading mojo!, good times! :)

I've been wondering for ages when a new thread would start! :giggle:

I loved The Woman in Black and I'm currently thoroughly enjoying Everything is Illuminated.

I'm thinking of having a Thursday next re-reading session before the next one comes out in a few weeks, Chrissy, and I've been thinking about it even more since I've seen you re-reading and enjoying them so much!
I myself need to begin my personal Ffordian February Challenge any minute now. This frankly ridiculous situation of Jasper writing quicker than I can read ends now.

Wow! I just added it to my wishlist
And so you should since we are Reading Circle-ing it in March *nudge nudge, wink wink*!

I have about 100 pages left to go in 'Everything Is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer . I'm enjoying it, but finding time to read now I'm back at work is hard. I really think I need a holiday from the holiday I took in the first place.You get back to work and wonder why you bothered as there's now twice as much to do!

I bought four books today from secondhand bookshops/charityshops:

- Hans & Michael Eysenck: Mindwatching

- Norman Mailer: The Naked and the Dead

- Ken Saro-Wiwa: A Month and a Day: A Detention Diary

- Andrew Solomon: The Noonday Demon. An Atlas of Depression

Started re-reading The Eyre Affair this morning, and I'm finding it so hard to fast read it for plot rather than indulge in the language... Jasper is such a genius. Cannot wait for TN6, better get crackin'.

Read some more of Restless & bought 4 books in the charity shop

The Color Purple Alice Walker - loved the movie so want to see how the book compares.

Oscar & Lucinda Peter Carey

The Help Katherine Stockett- especially pleased at finding this as I've read such good things about it on here.

The Phoenix & The Carpet E. Nesbit - I love E. Nesbits stories so got this to read as a bedtime story to my youngest daughter.

I may have found another long term reading challenge to take part in *sigh :P

Entertainment Weekly have posted a list of the 100 new 'modern' classics! I can honestly say I'm tempted!

Nooooooooooooooooo. Get thee behind me, Satan Laura, and stop tempting me*! :P

Kidsmum - The Help is brilliant - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :) I haven't read The Phoenix and the Carpet for years - I hope you enjoy that too!

*ETA: Where can I find this list?! :lurker:

Edited by Janet

Finsihed A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson yesterday so I'm reading Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

The name of that book A summer Fling makes that book sound like a good read. Just looked at someone review on it too and it sounds amazing.

I decided to start Flesh House by Stuart MacBride, nothing like a taste of good old Scottish gore to keep my mojo happy ;) Another reason being that I really should start and make a dent in my TBR before buying more. ... I wonder how long that wil last? :giggle2: