Nora Roberts

VanessaL

I am new on this forum, just joined, have become a real book reader, used to read alot years ago, but just started up again.

I started a Nora Roberts book last week 'River's End', could not put it down, now I am hooked on her books.

I am just wondering if any of you readers have read any of her books and which are the best ones, feel now as if I will have to read all of them.

I am new on this forum, just joined, have become a real book reader, used to read alot years ago, but just started up again.

I started a Nora Roberts book last week 'River's End', could not put it down, now I am hooked on her books.

I am just wondering if any of you readers have read any of her books and which are the best ones, feel now as if I will have to read all of them.

I would recommend The Irish Trilogy, which consists of Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea (in that order - I didn't realise that they were actually part of the same series until I read the blurb on the reverse of the two later books, which gives gives away what has happened in the first one, oops!) You can just hear the lovely lilting accents and practically see the lush landscape, plus there's a bit of a historical fairy-tale aspect to it. Lovely :)

I'm currently enjoying the Bride Quartet series, picking up the fourth one from the library later today. Each book follows one of four childhood friends who have grown up to run a bridal business together. Also enjoyed a trilogy though can only remember Red Lily as being one of the books at the moment, story followed a family/friends working at a garden centre, with a ghostly presence in their house.

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Nora Roberts is the Queen of Romance for a reason. She is brilliant.

Some of my favorites by her are

The Born In trilogy:

Born in Fire

Born In Ice

Born In Shame

(you should read in order)

Sullivan's Woman

(read this on in one day)

The Bride Quartet Series...

(I've not started these but heard great things about them)

Those are just some of my favorites....I have many more...have to check my shelves again. Been awhile since I've read them.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new to the forum but have been an avid reader for years. Nora Roberts tends to write in sets of three - some of the trilogies are more supernatural or magical, such as The Morrigan's Cross/Dance of the Gods/ Valley of Silence, which is one of my favourites; other books are much more reality based such as the excellent Chesapeake Bay quartet.

Happy reading!

I have read and own several Nora Roberts novels, however, it is her novella 'Lawless' that holds my greatest affection. One might say that it is one of my literary guilty pleasures. In more ways than one the story is the stereotypical bad boy is shoved the right way by sassy good girl, but I don't care...a girl has to sigh and swoon over a fictional character who is not Jane Austen's Mr Darcy every once in a while, and I'm quite content for it to be Jake Redman. ;)

• 1 month later...

I must say that I do't believe I've come across a 'bad' book from Nora Roberts and believe you'd be fairly safe with any choice you might make. Simply find a subject mater that interests you and allow Ms. Roberts to take you on a wonderful adventure. I'll admit, however, I'm a HUGE fan of her pseudonym, J.D. Robb, for her 'In Death' series and have enjoyed (and own) every book.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Interestingly I prefer the books Nora Roberts writes under the pen name J. D. Robb. Her writing style is much different with the change of name, moreso than any other writer I have read who publishes under a nom de plume, which I find intriguing.