Before I Go To Sleep - S J Watson

Michelle

I've wondered about reading this for a while.

If anyone is interested,Forever Today: A Memoir Of Love And Amnesia by Deborah Wearing is the true story (told by the wife) of a man who developed amnesia similar to the one this book is about. Very rare, but devastating.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forever-Today-Memoir-Love-Amnesia/dp/0552771694/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1S3NEPVO32B48&colid=CPNFSA81COIZ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also loved the book but was disappointed with the end not knowing whether her memory returned for good. I am going to believe it did as I prefer 'happy endings'.

That is just what I do. But I keep on wondering whether it could be possible, that her memory can come back or if she could live a normal life after knowing what happend. And since the real mystery of this book to me hasn't been what happened (as a matter of fact, I began to wonder that very late into the book) but if she could come back to normal once. And since that mystery hasn't been solved...

That is just what I do. But I keep on wondering whether it could be possible, that her memory can come back or if she could live a normal life after knowing what happend. And since the real mystery of this book to me hasn't been what happened (as a matter of fact, I began to wonder that very late into the book) but if she could come back to normal once. And since that mystery hasn't been solved...

I am sure I got the impression that she was getting better at the end, or at least was ready to move on even with her disability.

Again this is a book I have been contemplating and I will prob load unto my kindle as the price is very attractive...I had downloaded a synopsis and found the style of writing and the subject matter both thrilling and terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was a little hesitant about this book at first, but I'm reading it, now, and I really love it so far. The idea is very original and well executed and I like how easily (and quickly) it reads. I love the tension and wondering about what will she/won't she remember.

I read this last year and loved it. I used to love psychological thrillers, but went off the genre a bit. So I wasn't really expecting to enjoy this as much as I did - it was brilliant. I was amazed at how well the male author portrayed a female point of view. Also - being a bit contrary here - I loved the uncertainty of the ending.

• 9 months later...

Just read this.

Couldn't put it down. Throughly enjoyed and didn't expect the twist at the end and a good twist it was.

Is it me or could there be a seqeal? It wasn't actually all wrapped up was it.

Just read this.

Couldn't put it down. Throughly enjoyed and didn't expect the twist at the end and a good twist it was.

Is it me or could there be a seqeal? It wasn't actually all wrapped up was it.

Also another reason I question this is because on the last page it says Not the End !!? :o

• 4 months later...

I'll definitely watch it, though I can't really picture Nicole Kidman in that role  :mellow:

Oh no! I am with you there Sofia. I think Nicole Kidman will make the character too neurotic and panicky she will be hard to watch.

Oh no! I am with you there Sofia. I think Nicole Kidman will make the character too neurotic and panicky she will be hard to watch.

Agreed. I have a feeling I'll be comparing it to The Others more than I should (which I thought she was great in)

It is being made into a film with Nicole Kidman, Colin firth and mark strong

Ding dong! I must watch the movie :giggle2:

I really enjoyed the novel, I thought it was an excellent debut novel, it was very well constructed and written. :yes:

I bought this book based on someone's recommendation (not from BCF I believe), I haven't read it yet (oh no another one of those). It's currently shelved with my contemporary fiction but I've also heard it's a thriller.. does anyone know how triller-ish it is (if such a statement can be made)?

@ frankie

Colin Firth is great, isn't he? I've seen various films with him in it and in all of them he was great.