Any Cyclists Out There?

Kasei

Like the title says, I'm in the market for a bike...any suggestions? I'm thinking of going with a Trek of some sort but that's as far as I've gotten...mostly because the only bicycle store close to me sells only Trek and Specialized. Anyone know of any pros and cons to watch out for between these two brands or just about bikes in general? I live in the burbs so I definitely need a city bike as I don't think I'm hardcore enough to take my bike anywhere, I just want a fun way to be not flabby and ride to the library since I'm only a couple of miles away. :)

First off, what's your budget? And if Trek isss your only option, I'd go with 'The FX series' which has a range of flat bared road bikes (for a reasonable cost) but they still retain Treks good reputation for build quality and performance :D Go and have a ganders!

Mmm, I'd prefer to spend around (preferably under) $300 if I can catch one on sale, but I can go up another $50 or so if its worth it.