LauraLoves Ultimate Teen Guide Book Challenge

lauraloves

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just what I saw on Amazon, not sure what the changes are or anything, just wanted to make sure as I ordered the black one too :D

Ah ok then :D will have to have a look and see if I can find out what the differences are!

I'm almost finished with the lists, I've been doing it for most of the day and I'm gonna do the last bit in the morning :D

Ah ok then :D will have to have a look and see if I can find out what the differences are!

I'm almost finished with the lists, I've been doing it for most of the day and I'm gonna do the last bit in the morning :D

That's awesome, you've done such a good job! This list is much better than the other one I have :D

That's awesome, you've done such a good job! This list is much better than the other one I have :D

Aww thanks :friends3: I'm almost almost done now :D At least I know that my list is straight out of the book, so I'm actually going to read all the books mentioned! a bit scary tbh!

The Lists are done and posted :D :D :D *does happy dance! :giggle2:

Its only taken two and a half days to do :P I'm so glad I've done it though cos I know that my list is straight out of the book!

I still need to highlight what I've read and whats on my wishlist and tbr pile but I shall do that later :D

Yay! Thanks for all the work, Laura. :)

I've looked over the first couple of posts and have happily noted that I've read quite a few and have quite a few more on my TBR pile. Like Kell, I'm surprised at the number of books on there that I would firmly classify as adult books. Not to worry though; it will just mean more overlapping with my other challenges. ;)

Yay! Thanks for all the work, Laura. :)

I've looked over the first couple of posts and have happily noted that I've read quite a few and have quite a few more on my TBR pile. Like Kell, I'm surprised at the number of books on there that I would firmly classify as adult books. Not to worry though; it will just mean more overlapping with my other challenges. ;)

Another Lovely Long List! :giggle2: I was looking at the age ratings beside the books and some of the books that have a 12+ rating I think I would struggle with!

I should* be able to put the list into a spreadsheet like the '1001 books challenge' one - would you like me to try?

*I can't guarantee it without trying!

If you wouldnt mind giving it a go :friends3: if it doesnt work then don't worry :D

Wohoooo, I love that list :D !! I just have one problem now - my library ticket is maxed out (why will they let me have only 20 :giggle2: ) but as soon as I have made some room on it again I will order the first few. Can't wait to get stuck in :readingtwo: . Thanks again for the work you put in Laura :hug: x

Okay, here goes...

It should work (I've just done mine - 62 books read = 6.19% - not that I'm intending to do the challenge :wacko: ) - type 'r' in the red column next to the book you've read, and when you click into another cell, it turns the 'r' green and changes the percentage at the top. :)

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ry2vfu

Wohoooo, I love that list :D !! I just have one problem now - my library ticket is maxed out (why will they let me have only 20 :giggle2: ) but as soon as I have made some room on it again I will order the first few. Can't wait to get stuck in :readingtwo: . Thanks again for the work you put in Laura :hug: x

hehe why only twenty :giggle2: I can't wait to get stuck in either :D

Okay, here goes...

It should work (I've just done mine - 62 books read = 6.19% - not that I'm intending to do the challenge :wacko: ) - type 'r' in the red column next to the book you've read, and when you click into another cell, it turns the 'r' green and changes the percentage at the top. :)

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ry2vfu

Yay thanks Janet :friends3: thats brilliant :D

My copy of this came yesterday and I had a flick through, well worth getting if you're doing the challenge, it's really interesting, and also has some on the amazon sellers so you don't even have to pay that much for it :)

I have banned myself from looking at the section next to each title where it recommends more titles! My poor wishlist is growing far too quickly!

A Series of Unfortunate Events

1 - The Bad Begining

2 - The Reptile Room TBR Pile

3 - The Wide Window

4 - The Miserable Mill

5 - The Austere Academy TBR Pile

6 - The Ersatz Elevator

7 - The Vile Village TBR Pile

8 - The Hostile Hospital

9 - The Carnivorous Carnival

10 - The Slippery Slope

11 - The Grim Grotto

12 - The Penultimate Peril

13 - The End

Edited by lauraloves

• 4 weeks later...

2011 Book 1 - The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

Synopsis - My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973. My murderer was a man from our neighborhood. My mother liked his border flowers, and my father talked to him once about fertilizer. This is Susie Salmon. Watching from heaven, Susie sees her happy, suburban family devastated by her death, isolated even from one another as they each try to cope with their terrible loss alone. Over the years, her friends and siblings grow up, fall in love, do all the things she never had the chance to do herself. But life is not quite finished with Susie yet ...

Age Rating 14+

Recommendations

1- Lucky - Alice Sebold

2- The Great Blue Yonder - Alex Shearer (challenge book)

3- Hotel World - Ali Smith

4- Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin (Challenge book)

My Thoughts

I did find this book a little bit disturbing actually. The subject matter was very hard to understand. The age rating that the challenge gives is 14+. To be honest I wouldnt give this book to a forteen year old. Especially with what happens in the first few chapters, its very harrowing for a teenager to read.

I've added a couple of the recommended books to my wishlist too.

Just as a note for you Laura, Lucky is just as disturbing as The Lovely Bones, if not more so as it's a true account of the authors rape.

I didnt know that it was a true story, I've been debating weather to read this one or not!