Have you ever found anything inside a book?

Janet

Hi guys

I found the neatest bookmarks the other day . They are in a real skinny tablet-like thing ,one for each month of 2012 .

At the top ,it has a mini calendar ,then the rest of the bookmark is a photo . They had different themes, I got the one that had pics of American places.

They had others with beaches, lighthouses ,pets, etc .

I thought maybe I could use one per month and write the books I complete that month on the back .

M-a-y-b-e it will help me to be a little more organized with my reading lists . I'm not real good at that ,but a new year is ahead,so maybe I'll turn over a new leaf .......or maybe a whole tree . :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I found someone's sheet of their PIN numbers for their Internet bank account! That was pretty odd. Of course it's useles because they are just the PIN numbers and one doesn't know the bank account number and the password for it, so no one could actually take advantage of the situation, but still, I'd keep my PIN number slip in a safer place.

• 1 month later...

I found a photgraph of a girl in the middle of a second hand book that I bought a few months back. It was from quite a few years ago. She was very pretty and It had a name on the back and was dated..

Yes, I'll admit, I had a brief romantic vision of tracking her down from clues in the picture to return the photo but in this day and age she'd probably just take me as a weirdo ha! Was strange to have a direct look at a strager who owned a book before me though!

• 3 months later...

I purchased an old book (The Soul of Mary Olivane - great story!) from a secondhand bookshop and found the handwritten attempt of someone trying to compose their own poem on what was at the time of publishing several blank pages in the back of the book. Going by what had been composed, someone had a talent mind for poetry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so much something I found, but today when I purchased a book, the lady at the counter said "and your bookmarks inside the book" as she placed the receipt inside. Made me laugh and smile, and I thanked her for the bookmark. :giggle:

Edited by Devi

Not so much something I found, but today when I purchased a book, the lady at the counter said "and your bookmarks inside the book" as she placed the receipt inside. Made me laugh and smile, and I thanked her for the bookmark. :giggle:

Haha! What a smart and funny woman! I like to come across such a person in stores.

I once found a short love letter in a book once. There was no 'to' and 'from' but the letter was really worn for something that was closed neatly between book pages so I assume it was something dear to someone some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to sort the books at a charity shop. Only found a couple of photos, we put them on the wall by the counter for a while in case the owner came back in. Once found a used ticket to the Eiffel Tower. As we live in New Zealand, my kids thought it was really cool to have a ticket from so far away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Apart from icky squished bugs I once found someoone had written in the margin in blue pen saying they thought the book was rubbish and went on insulting the author.

I was so riled up after that! No right.. self entitled so and so!

Apart from icky squished bugs I once found someoone had written in the margin in blue pen saying they thought the book was rubbish and went on insulting the author.

I was so riled up after that! No right.. self entitled so and so!

Blimey :o  That seems a bit excessive … although I guess it's no different to writing a review of a bad book, although I think most of us try to be critical rather than insulting! :D