Featured Author - Katherine Warwick

Hi Maureen!

I choose now based on recommedation. I've become so stretched in my time that any reading I do is like eating dessert: it has to be an absolute favorite for me to indulge.

Right now I'm reading Loretta Chase, a well-loved author in the romance genre. LORD OF SCOUNDRELS ( complete with nearly naked cover and blowing hair ) was recommended over and over again on by readers. I couldn't ignore it.

So far it's pretty good, but it's a historical and I prefer contemp reading for the most part.

And the COVER! Yikes! I leave it turned upside down when not in use!

KW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Purple PoppY!

Organize research????????????// ROTFL!

My research up to this point has all percolated in my head and stays there, only to come out when I draw it out...lol.

For the ballroom research I took a little, discreet notebook in my purse and took notes of dresses, dance moves. music, etc. Until I started watching DVD's of shows -- which made it easier to come up with ideas for color, texture, movement and drama.

Hi Michelle,

Usually by the time I get ready to put something on paper, I know the characters intimately because they've existed inside of me for quite some time. During a project, I think about them constantly...unable to think of much else until their story is told. And I don't just visualize them within the perameters of the scenes I intend to or have already created, I see them everywhere, which helps give them depth and fleshes them out more thoroughly by the time words hit the paper.

KW

Hi Michelle.

My husband wanted to publish information NF books for as long as I can remember, so we opened Grove Creek Publishing. http://www.grovecreekpublishing.com/

It just happens that we're pubbing my fiction work first.

It's one of many businesses my husband has started. He's quite the businessman.

I've enjoy what I've learned about the publishing business so far and there is much more to learn.

As with many professions, some people don't see you as a "real" writer unless you pub with a big house. Some don't see a singer as a real singer unless they have fame and a name and a CD. The lounge singers don't count. The actor that isn't on a TV show or in movies regularly isn't a "real" actor either. The cook that isn't in a famous restaurant isn't a chef, he's still just a cook.

Ridiculous that we have to fight these inaccurate ideas.

KW

Not true or real or valid (?) even, icecream, but a myth.

Think of it this way: a couple wants for nothing more than to have children but because of reasons out of their control, they are unable. They love children, want a family, and adopt.

Are they real parents? Of course.

The example shows how absurd the whole, "if you're not validated by your peers, you aren't IT" whatever it may be.

Well, now that I've beaten the literal DEAD horse into the ground, lol...:readingtwo::)

KW

Not true or real or valid (?) even, icecream, but a myth.

Think of it this way: a couple wants for nothing more than to have children but because of reasons out of their control, they are unable. They love children, want a family, and adopt.

Are they real parents? Of course.

The example shows how absurd the whole, "if you're not validated by your peers, you aren't IT" whatever it may be.

Well, now that I've beaten the literal DEAD horse into the ground, lol...:readingtwo::)

KW

I knew what you were saying KW. I actually agreed with you. I think you misunderstood, but I am not the best at expressing myself. Sorry.

Icecream...i hope my post didn't come off as...heated. LOL. I'd never want to melt you!!!!!!!!!!

We take arrows from all sides, and sometimes they are shot out without care or thought to an artist and what they are trying to accomplish, how far they have come and the struggle it has taken to get there.

Promote?

I join loops, forums, lists, groups, gather reviews...maintain my websites...it robs my day of everything else, even writing at this point, which I dislike very much but am wont to do if I want to meet people.

Thanks for not being offended by my reply. The part of me that is frustrated by the process sometimes taints the tone of my correspondence.

KW